Gen 1 Busa on a Diet...

its time to put this puppy on a diet! Anyone have a ideas on how i can drop weight on my Gen. 1 busa? I myself am doing some dieting and thought i would do the same on my bike...

so far i can only think about is:

1. Ballistic 12V Battery
2. ?????
3. Etc

its also stretch 6" which isnt helping but its still want i wanna have done to the bike...i not tryin to be the lightest busa just trying to loose some weight on it

Biggest things I have seen done are exhaust and wheels. Everything else is little stuff and expensive. Carbon fiber body but I don't see why you would do stuff like that for a street bike.

True but small crashes happen and regular body plastics are expensive enough. I would hate to have a carbon panel break because it accidentally tipped in the garage.

I have heard the light weight wheels make a huge difference. PM rooster rider on here. He just got a set about a month ago and loves them.

True but small crashes happen and regular body plastics are expensive enough. I would hate to have a carbon panel break because it accidentally tipped in the garage.

didnt have any problems with mine getting chipped but its also something the person that is buying them has to understand and i did so i didnt care...i just rode that sucka till i sold it! lol

Wheels, Ti full exhaust (alien head is a good choice too) remove pair valve, remove stock fender, remove passenger pegs, and switch over to an aluminum subframe would shed about 40 lbs.

Big E said:
Wheels, Ti full exhaust (alien head is a good choice too) remove pair valve, remove stock fender, remove passenger pegs, and switch over to an aluminum subframe would shed about 40 lbs.

Stock fender? Up front?

Par valves...Done
Passenger pegs...Done
Doing 1k tail swap

Blanca Busa said:
Wheels will make a big diff in how it handles and help lose about 10-15lbs depending on which set or material you get.

Holy crap Blanca I thought it was like 7lbs. 10-15 would make a huge difference

On my 2006 I have removed 60lbs without making it look like it. Well except for my Carrozzeria wheels. I could lose another 10-15lbs if I want to lose some essential street stuff and spend a lot more money.

Holy crap Blanca I thought it was like 7lbs. 10-15 would make a huge difference

It depends on material. Carbon fiber being lightest then forged Magnesium and the Aluminum.
I think I lost around 10 with my Marchesinis? I'll have to look it up.
If you want to search look for 'Blanca's new shoes'. I think that was thread title?

Back