Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rainbow7

Thread: Differnce Between two Exhausts

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9

    Question Differnce Between two Exhausts

    he hi . please can someone tell me what is the difference between these two following exhausts and which one is more louder ....

    1) Brock's Short Meg
    2) Brock's Street Meg

  2. #2
    Professional Booga Flicka

    Flicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    7,122

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    The most basic difference is the length of the muffler section. Short Megs have a 14" muffler. Street Megs have a 20" muffler and use the passenger pegs as a mounting point, similar to the stock exhaust.

    Obviously, the Short Meg will be a bit louder. The Short Meg can drag the ground in hard lean angles. The Alien Head is basically the same setup, but with a slightly different shape that allows better ground clearance.
    "You can live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in a lifetime." - Don Williams


    2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
    2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Off Road
    2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa (RIP) -> The Crash

  3. #3
    Seasoned Beef


    dadofthree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Barnwell, SC
    Posts
    66,123

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    Length of muffler , maybe a little weight bc of that I have the short meg and love it. Depending on your riding style and what you like, consider the Alien Head. I think it gives a little more clearance for cornering. If you have a Gen II or LE consider the black finish. You can pick your color for the name plate. Great performance, great pipe.
    Robert

  4. #4
    Seasoned Pilot crusty369's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    337
    Images
    1

    Default

    Keep in mind, if you are a Wookie like me, your big feet will touch the top of an Alienhead or short meg. Sneakers will make a mess, (melting), if u are running lowered pegs like the Buell mod. No biggie for me...clean her up after every ride.....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    Quote Originally Posted by crusty369 View Post
    Keep in mind, if you are a Wookie like me, your big feet will touch the top of an Alienhead or short meg. Sneakers will make a mess, (melting), if u are running lowered pegs like the Buell mod. No biggie for me...clean her up after every ride.....
    bro i wash her more than i wash myself . She is like my feet as if she is not well i can't go around anywhere . dammmm handicap .

  6. #6
    Hayabusa Immortal
    Rainbow7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,608

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    The difference between those two pipes is that one will make pedestrians hate you, while the other will make them really hate you.
    Big Moe and Sammy Singh like this.
    Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement. - Ronald Reagan


  7. #7
    Hayabusa Immortal
    piratediverjefff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Corona,CA
    Posts
    2,709
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    Have the Short Meg and love the sound(and if some of you guys can scrape it while cornering my hat's definitely off to you).



    Snoop says all real dogs run to the West Coast

  8. #8
    Seasoned Pilot dmallord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    362
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    Quote Originally Posted by piratediverjefff View Post



    pretty!
    2004 hayabusa
    blk/ purple, power commander,
    4 into 1 full yoshimura

  9. #9
    Hayabusa Immortal
    piratediverjefff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Corona,CA
    Posts
    2,709
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    Quote Originally Posted by dmallord View Post
    pretty!
    Now to get the rear sets and pass. peg mounts powdercoated...got as far as pullin' the pass. peg brackets and trimmin' off the excess metal(stock exhaust mounts and hooks)about a week ago...but that's as far as i got.
    Snoop says all real dogs run to the West Coast

  10. #10
    Team Edward
    b-dub_sr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bassett, Virginia
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piratediverjefff View Post
    Now to get the rear sets and pass. peg mounts powdercoated...got as far as pullin' the pass. peg brackets and trimmin' off the excess metal(stock exhaust mounts and hooks)about a week ago...but that's as far as i got.
    Looking good and you are right, it will look ten times better after the powdercoat..

    Lovin the rear tho, exactly what i was thinking for mine and been pricing it, where did you get your peices if you dont mind me asking?
    B. Woods
    K11
    FASTEST COLOR!!

  11. #11
    Hayabusa Immortal
    piratediverjefff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Corona,CA
    Posts
    2,709
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    Quote Originally Posted by b-dub_sr View Post
    Looking good and you are right, it will look ten times better after the powdercoat..

    Lovin the rear tho, exactly what i was thinking for mine and been pricing it, where did you get your peices if you dont mind me asking?
    Got the 3 pc. kit from Hotbodies,about a $100 with shipping for three pieces of plastic(IMO about $80 more than it's worth),i know a lot of guys have just tinted the stock pieces but i got lazy and just bought the kit.

    2008-2011 Hayabusa Smoked Undertails, Hotbodies Racing
    Snoop says all real dogs run to the West Coast

  12. #12
    Team Edward
    b-dub_sr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bassett, Virginia
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piratediverjefff View Post
    Got the 3 pc. kit from Hotbodies,about a $100 with shipping for three pieces of plastic(IMO about $80 more than it's worth),i know a lot of guys have just tinted the stock pieces but i got lazy and just bought the kit.

    2008-2011 Hayabusa Smoked Undertails, Hotbodies Racing
    Thanks Jeff
    B. Woods
    K11
    FASTEST COLOR!!

  13. #13
    Hayabusa Immortal
    piratediverjefff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Corona,CA
    Posts
    2,709
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Differnce Between two Exhausts

    You got it.
    Snoop says all real dogs run to the West Coast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •