R1 wheel conversion with pic's

sweatnblood

Registered
Here are some pic's with my R1 wheels...it was pretty easy...just bought a front axle from chopleg and spaced the calipers with some washers...and bam...looks and weight savings:cheerleader:

reartire.jpg

reartire2.jpg

reartire3.jpg

reartire4.jpg

Do our rotors and sprockets bolt up or are you using the r1 parts etc.... i really like that setup. I agree more pics!!!!

I really like that look, what year wheels did you use and def post up some full bike shots along with closeup of the front wheel...

The front rotors on the Gen1 Busa are 7mm wider than the R1, so 3.5mm is how far to space the calipers in using hardened washers

Not sure about the back one, I have gotten it close but not perfect yet. Since there is only one rotor, it is hard to figure the distance, so you you have to go by eye or use feeler gauges

Sorry guys been hard to take a good photo with the Iphone...but for the basic rundown
you will use all R1 rotors front and back...I bought a front axle made by chopleg on the psycho bike forms...it was 130$ and then just need to use some washers on the calipers to get it set right...I don't have exact weight savings...but it's close to 6-8lbs all together...I went looking for wheels on craigs list and found a front 150 and then a brand new rear for 180...that with the $130 for the front axle and the $60 for the vortex sprocket...so about 500$ when all said and done...but you can alway just buy the wheels separate and buy all the parts over the course of a few months...anyway I'll try and get better pic's this week

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

FWIW, I bought mine off the R1 forums, loaded. Tires, wheels, bearings, spacers, rotors, sprocket and sprocket carrier TMD for $500. And they were 09 wheels that had 125 mile Pilot Pures on them

awesome deal for sure...I really love the look of the 5 star...no matter if you drag, hit the curves or just look good...they kick ass:laugh:

Thanks for the pics and they look great on both bikes, i'll be getting these wheels in the next month for sure...

Back