Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BusaBret

Thread: Recommended stretch and lowering of busa?

Question Recommended stretch and lowering of busa?

I would like to find out what is the recommended stretch for a hayabusa and lowering of front and back without much compromise of cornering on bike?

Almost......

Images

Stock
    sixpack577 likes this.
    Bret Lawson
    "He who teaches himself has a fool for a master"- Ben Franklin
    "When you come to the fork in the road, take it"- Yogi Berra

Default Re: Recommended stretch and lowering of busa?

Don't think you can get both worlds on this one.
    '08-Dropped 2", 1" bar risers , DB windscreen, Full Brock's short meg, K&N Race filter 176HP 105TQ .

Hayabusa Immortal
    10,500mi later, im back in the middle of Wyoming!

Cool Re: Recommended stretch and lowering of busa?

it depends what you are going to do with it.
    are you going to show it off, or actually ride the thing?
    casual riding or drag strip, track or tour?
    all of those will come into play when choosing what you want to do with your bike.

me, i wouldn't go very long if i stretched it, and i wouldn't lower it at all. maybe even raise the rear an inch or so. but i tour and rip up twisty roads on my bike.

to the ORG!
    THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME RIDE 10,500mi for the Drowning Support Network!
    3.8 Corners of the USA.
    "TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG!"
    "Welcome to the Org., can i camp in your yard? "

Bessie-07 Vigor Blue, Buddy Bill Chaney-91 Dyna Sturgis and many many others.

I replaced my stock swingarm with a 6" over and love it. Due to the change in the pivot point, you will need to lower your rear a little just to get you back to the stock height. Bear in mind that you are recommended to replace the factory shock with a stiffer one (again, due to the pivot point) and if you lower it too much, it will grind up against your undertail (unless you get a Tiger undertail).

Mr. January

Why would you do that? Get a shorter chain and go +1 on the back. It wont hurt your cornering either!
    Chris in Rock Island, Illinois

The Busa will drag the lower fairings at stock heigth through sharp or high speed curves if you're not careful. Especially the throttle side as the engine case sticks out further.
    Once you lower it you lose alot of cornering clearance. That depends on your skill level too. Can you/do you want to drag a knee?
    The longer the wheelbase gets the slower your speed through the same curve will become too.
    If you just want to cruise then stretched and lowered is ok, it's a personal preference.
    If you want to rail corners, don't do either.
    Christ is Lord

Hayabusa Immortal
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianbusa View Post
    I replaced my stock swingarm with a 6" over and love it. Due to the change in the pivot point, you will need to lower your rear a little just to get you back to the stock height. Bear in mind that you are recommended to replace the factory shock with a stiffer one (again, due to the pivot point) and if you lower it too much, it will grind up against your undertail (unless you get a Tiger undertail).
    You forgot the most important part.

6" Stretch / Lowered 1" in front with Soupys lowering block and approx 1 1/2" in rear with Soupys adjustable lowering links

It looks AWESOME

--
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gone but not forgotten

Michael

Images

slam it! I cant hang in the turns so nether can my bike
    02 paint by me.seat by me. yosh pipes,PC111,brocks clutch mod,FBG clutch,40lbs schnitz springs, slave support,votex tripple clamp,dog bones,muzzy air shift,16/47s,msd launch control,harland shift light,9 inch stretch, 60" pingel wheelie bar

6 in stretch 1.5 in drop rear, 1 in drop front. love it.
    slammm that ride

Hayabusa Immortal

Images

No stretch,don't like the look of extensions so it's a 4" over arm or nothing. Lowered 1 1/2 inch on the front an 2 in the back. I like the look but I am vertically challenged so I either had this done The Medical Quack: Height of Surgery: Limb Extension to make you taller or lower the bike. Lowering the bike seemed a lot easier an less painful.

Name is Manny

I personally love the 6" streatch, i will post pics of my bike later but as for lowering.... like the others have said it depends on your riding style, I have 1 inch risers which puts me where i like it in the front, as for the rear i have adjustable links which i really love cause if im going cruising i adjust them to lower it down to a sweet stance and when i wanna hit some curve is turn them to raise it back up. I dont ride hard any way but i like it. I do have to watch the right side cause the exhaust will drag. with these mods i have learned a lot, number one, if you are to low you will scrubb holes in your exhaust, if you have a passenger you can know your undertail out or rub a hole through it and get into your break wire. all expensive things to replace, i have cracked my oil pan and everything, so with adjustable rears it gives me a chance to pull over and raise and lower the rear, and the front i have straps where if im cruising I will tighten it down which yes can be dangerous but i loosing it up before heading home, another mod i done was machined my own rear shock replacement which yes it makes it a hard tail but i dont have to worry about damaging my under tail, but i love cruising more than hanging curve. best advice figure out your riding style and build it that way, My dad has a small machine shop at his house so when it comes to damage i can fix my self but if you dont have access to your own way of fixing it then it will cost you... believe me been there done that.