Cafe busa

macetech

Registered
Trying to get around to finishing up the tail section and in the process of rebuilding ny newly acquired akra exhaust with parts from a ducati 1098 muffler.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1308669767746.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1308669841403.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1308669906565.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1308669974824.jpg

Looking forward to watching progress. Looks like you got a vision...cant wait to see it unfold!:thumbsup:

Still need to grind the welds down all the way and weld in the inner fender. After that some foam work and ill glass in the seat pan.

uploadfromtaptalk1309102663088.jpg

Getting close to busting out the clay. After that lay up the glass and send it out to the upholstery shop. Still need to finish the exhaust so i know where to build the hangar for the muffler.

uploadfromtaptalk1309306926977.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1309306987954.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1309307068540.jpg

Alright guys, need some more responses. Gimme some details here. And i don't have at least one person who hates it? Come on. Im dying here. I am trying to get this bike on the road as soon as possible, I need some input.

If you want someone who doesn't like it ill chime in. Not really my taste once the plastics are off its not really a busa its just weird looking imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Alright guys, need some more responses. Gimme some details here. And i don't have at least one person who hates it? Come on. Im dying here. I am trying to get this bike on the road as soon as possible, I need some input.

The design, effort, and quality of work on the subframe is very good. I like street fighters and cafe racers, but it's hard to give you alot of feedback without knowing what the finished product will turn out like, or what the rest of your plan is.
It looks like it's gonna be cool when it's done though.
Is making the tail and seat and adding headlight(s) basically all that's left to do? Aside from lots of other details and working out any gremlins?

Eh. Pretty much yes. The thing is, there is a looooooooooot more work involved to make a naked bike look good without the fairings. All of the wiring has to be extended and hidden, and all the brakes that were ugly and industrial have to be made to look good and serve their purpose. The one and only thing Harley does well is make everything that has a purpose, look good while its staring you in the face. All the little stuff are a lot more work than the big items. And thanks for the comment offering a different opinion. I really appreciated it. You respectfully voiced your opinion. Everyone's tastes in bike are different. Doesn't make any one style better or worse.

With the welding ability and an imigination you are putting together something that will be very cool + unique. Not sure what your plans are with the exh but you could shorten it a bit and pound out the crushed end cap + attach with a pneumatic riveter. It is cool what you are doing because there are some many options to choose from.

I'd hang out with you more if your face looked as cool as the bike. I can't believe that this is the same bike that you stole...I mean...ripped me off...oh crap...bought from me.:thumbsup: Lookin' sweet!

uploadfromtaptalk1308669767746.jpg

Back