Anyone make crash cages for a busa?

rock.gif

Since you are from my home state, I'm gonna try to soften the blow before these guys get a hold of this one. If you wanted a crash cage, YOU SHOULDA BOUGHT A CAR!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif

well, before I intended to pick the front wheel off the ground, i would have felt a whole lot better about having a cage. I was reading on the sportbikes.net site, and they recommended getting one before trying any "stunting". I'm simply following advice.

If you guys are going to respond with flames, n/m.

Mods, please delete this topic. I'll ask somewhere else.

No Flames, just a suggestion to sell the Busa and Buy a bike better suited to stuntin... Something like a CBR929 or 954. How about a GSXR 1000, or even 600? That's why you've gotten the resounding silence. The idea of butchering a Busa and slapping some nasty ass mild steel tubing to the chassis is just plain herresy to this bunch of fanatics...

Mostly Busa Too heavy, too long, to ever really be worth seriously stunting on... I mean huge high speed wheelies are one thing... But uh... Then what?

That's the deal I bet...

well, before I intended to pick the front wheel off the ground, i would have felt a whole lot better about having a cage. I was reading on the sportbikes.net site, and they recommended getting one before trying any "stunting". I'm simply following advice.

If you guys are going to respond with flames, n/m.

Mods, please delete this topic. I'll ask somewhere else.
Sounds more to me like you're wayyyyyy too frightened to try doing this stuff in the first place. I'm almost willing to go out on a limb and say that this is probably your very first bike. I don't know, but if your concern is with a crash cage then you definitely don't need to be doing any wheelies... or anything else for that matter. If you really want to do wheelies on a Busa, then you need to ride it for a while to get used to the power and how it handles. Then become familiar with wheelie techniques. After that, then you can start off with some little slow hop ups... then gradually work yourself into the more sophisticated wheelies. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

Brian

BTW, I actually wasn't trying to flame on ya, but it just struck me as being a little odd that someone would actually do this. No harm intended guy. Keep coming back because there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here.

I would suggest that you don't get a crash cage for the busa and look at getting a used second bike that is not as heavy.

I'm just saying that crash cages are not 100% affective. I've seen sleds still get pretty dinged up withem.

Oh, and welcome to the madness bro......

I have a feeling he's gone for good...gee, thanks Brian!  
tounge.gif

There are some "contraptions" that you can put your bike on that allow you to LEARN how to wheelie without being on the road...saw it on Two Wheel Tuesday sometime in the Spring...couldn't tell ya what it was called though...wait, here it is ===> Wheelie Machine

Some info I found...for our newly "phantom" member...

MotoWorld Article

So I wouldn't say something like Brian I decided to not reply.

I'm just giving you guys a hard time...sometimes these sensitive topics just need a woman's touch!
tounge.gif

I wasn't downin' the men...well, not too much...just joking, yeah, that's it...
biggrin.gif

Get a crash bike. Wear lots of protection. Thn move up to an expnsive bike.

Well, I guess he's done. Damn sure hate doing that... especially since he's from my home state. Wouldn't bother me as much if he were from Florida...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, I bought a new 2004 two weeks ago and had never even heard one RUN until they delivered it to my house, so I can understand the intimidation. Also I have been riding for 24 years (God, has it been that long?!?) and have never done a wheelie. Now, as to Speeding...................................  
rant.gif

I got trainin' wheels on mine and I wear a big inflatable bubble. J/k, I won't even cut my fairings for sliders. Just have to be careful, although tonight, blipped it hard and it got in my face.

Back