What happens when you cross a geek with a busa

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
he puts a computer in it....

need a hand ironing out the details.

need a beefy stator no clue as to where to get that.

computer will be located in the hump. will probably do a custom connection so i can quick disconnect if i need to take the hump off. The question right now is, is a card that can capture @ 30 fps per channel. most of the cctv stuff i deal with is 30 fps across all channels (1fps per camera w/30 channels)

will have a wireless card and small antenna so I can upload witout moving th hump. might go with a SSD drive due to vibrations or really isolate the HD.

This will start out as a DVR basically but I will add more features as I get further down the line. but looking at 4 bullet cameras to connect to the computer. and some usb ports maybe a hidden jack to attach a touchscreen monitor....hmm.....decisions decisions...

Yes, That board looks sooooo cooool and fast Dude, but the land line link card that you connect to the LAN line you must KEEP EM SEPARATED! GOTTA, KEEP EM SEPARATED!

Last edited by a moderator:
How you gonna deal with the heat generated by the PC and vid card in the Hump? DO i see speed vents in your future? :laugh:

Is this to record trips or a rear view lcd type of thing or both?

I agree.. it'll need to be vented. What pc are you using.. A prefab one for cars or like the cheap small form one at Fry's or what? Most simple web cams and security cams are 30fps at a min, I guess the question is the software that will dvr 30fps from each cam at the same time? Something like THIS? Not that I'm saying that system but is that what you're looking for?

Per your description and may be more flexible for install on a bike. I would love to see on that was more fps that didn't require the dvr brain or you just installed it in to a pc some how. 120fsp is probably a bit much to ask for, but at least 60 would be nice. Still trollin

Got me thinking.... (ok.. I'm a nerd.. haven't made geek status yet, but this my be my start) haha

If you find a good system, and if they have something like Clear in your area and you get the mobile package, you could set up the security to broadcast on a live web link so people could watch you live.. Just said Clear because it'd probably work better on 4g. But any mobile internet would do. Hmmmm.. Now I want to play! lol To bad things like that take expendable money... I can't afford to pay attention if you were giving it away for free.. But I now want to try to 'blue print' that idea......

houstonbussa,

Thanks for the ideas, the problem with the cards you posted is that they are 30fps for all inputs. so 30/4 and you get your per camera fps. If I have 4 cameras i need to record at 120fps (judging by the marketing crap)

the case I am looking at is something like this:
Logic Supply - Leaders in Mini-ITX & Small Form Factor Solutions

and run heatpipes to the heatsink on top. that should provide adequate heating. and it might go into the trunk instead of the hump.

Try one of these, I use them at my office for security, I'm pretty sure they will fit under the hump:
link

If you are set on WiFi, I suppose you could run an X-Box wireless adapter bridge and a small transformer. Done this a few times for other ethernet stuff.

As a side bennefit, the system can be set to only record when the bike is moving :thumbsup:

81-338-029-Z02

OHH OHHH...here he goes....no kevin you cant put the current home server on your bike....TOOOOOO BIG.....let the techie mayhem begine... then we ca go on 36 hour rides ++++ and record all of it...:laugh:

we ca go on 36 hour rides ++++ and record all of it...:laugh:

read my mind.

@Dehning i have extensive exp with cctv dvrs and unless i drop a ton of cash, they are going to be worthless for what i want to do. also I dont want to pigeonhole the computer into only being able to do one thing.

for record keeping:

trunk area
9.25" wide
10.5" long
~4' tall

I had similar plans a few years ago and ended up running multiple mini-dvrs. Some simple switching and 4 cameras feed 2 dvrs. 2 monitors on the triple to keep tabs of the recorders (not exactly legal). Not as slick as the computer solution, but less expensive, and easier to engineer. I was limited to standard DVD resolution with the bullet cameras and DVRs, which is why I ditched that system for a couple of GoPros now.

I had similar plans a few years ago and ended up running multiple mini-dvrs. Some simple switching and 4 cameras feed 2 dvrs. 2 monitors on the triple to keep tabs of the recorders (not exactly legal). Not as slick as the computer solution, but less expensive, and easier to engineer. I was limited to standard DVD resolution with the bullet cameras and DVRs, which is why I ditched that system for a couple of GoPros now.

My initial thought was to do this. but my gears started turning and wanted the ability to expand and do other things if i wanted too. its more for the engineering challenge.

I found an 8" touch screen that i can might be able to stick in my tank bag and bring out when i need to check on things. Also looking at doing the storage mod with a special compartment to fit the computer in (which will look like a subwoofer amp)

I have my GoPro HD for any high def stuff I wanna do but i find its lack of space (32GB) and its instability a royal PITA.

What bullet cams are you using?

Doesn't ChaseCam (ChaseCam.com) make a multi-cam system with DVR?

Take lots of pics. Members here love this stuff. :thumbsup:

Img_1330_Custom.jpg

My bike in the background isn't quite so fancy. ;)

Img_1331_Custom.jpg

Img_1332_Custom.jpg

Img_1329_Custom.jpg

See the bullet cams? Bulllet Cams & screens in the mirrors are all provided by MotoCam.

Look closely at the mirrors.

Img_1333_Custom.jpg

Img_1330_Custom.jpg

Img_1331_Custom.jpg

Img_1332_Custom.jpg

Img_1329_Custom.jpg

Img_1333_Custom.jpg

Looking to a hookup with cctv stuff. got one on order to test. that chasecam stuff is too expensive.

Ill take a ton of pics of the install and stuff. but i can say now that it will be as stealth as possible. not into the bling. current issue is figuring out the 8" touchscreen...

What bullet cams are you using?

Doesn't ChaseCam (ChaseCam.com) make a multi-cam system with DVR?

Take lots of pics. Members here love this stuff. :thumbsup:

View attachment 197139

My bike in the background isn't quite so fancy. ;)

View attachment 197140

View attachment 197141

View attachment 197142

See the bullet cams? Bulllet Cams & screens in the mirrors are all provided by MotoCam.

Look closely at the mirrors.

View attachment 197143

Back