changing clutch and stator covers

Not a difficult process. I have only changed the stator cover, but I'm guessing the clutch cover is the same. For the stator, remove the lower fairing and then remove the bolts holding the stator cover in place. Once removed, the cover will remain in place due to the magnetism of the stator itself. You can break it loose with a screwdriver without difficulty. There will be some oil that drains, but don't worry. When removing the cover be careful because the gasket may tear. Not an issue if you plan on replacing the gasket, otherwise be forewarned. You must then remove the connector (can't remember the name) to the stator and place in the new cover. Then replace the gasket and the cover and you're done!

I would have a gasket on hand just in case, if you haven't done it before. You don't wanna be stranded if your Busa is your only transportation at the time u are working on it. You could always return it if you don't have to use it... But personally, I would always practice replacing a gasket regardless if i remove/replace any part that has one just to be safe.

Back