Question about Levers?

wuggzwest

Registered
Im interested in changing up the levers on my new busa. I was sitting in NYC traffic a few days ago and my wrists were starting to get sore. Plus the stock one's just aren't that nice. My question is what would be a good company to go with (Iv heard PAZZO) and would it be best to get the shorties or the regular size levers. Also what is the pro's and con's of each size. I am aware that if the bike goes down if you have the short levers they wont get damaged most of the time. Im looking more on the lines of comfort. Thanks for the help guys.

Im interested in changing up the levers on my new busa. I was sitting in NYC traffic a few days ago and my wrists were starting to get sore. Plus the stock one's just aren't that nice. My question is what would be a good company to go with (Iv heard PAZZO) and would it be best to get the shorties or the regular size levers. Also what is the pro's and con's of each size. I am aware that if the bike goes down if you have the short levers they wont get damaged most of the time. Im looking more on the lines of comfort. Thanks for the help guys.

I have the Pazzo long levers.
They are notched so as to break away about 2 inches from the end, if you drop the bike........ and then they are short levers.
I find the longer ones easier on my hands after a long day of pulling them. JMO

Size depends really on how big your hands are,whether you use all fingers to grab levers or 2 fingers...

Like GC said, if you use all fingers all the time, get the longs. I usually ride with two fingers on the lever anyway which is the reason I got the pazzo shorties. Also keep in mind, if you do a lot of stop and go traffic, the longs will be easier on the pull.

yea NYC, more stop and go then you could ever want! Long would probably be the best bet. any pros or cons between the Pazzos or CRG's?

Buddy has Pazzo's on his 06 750 and CRG's on his 05 1000. He said he would never go buy a set of Pazzo's ever. If you have the clutch lever on the closest setting it hits the signal switch plastic.

Buddy has Pazzo's on his 06 750 and CRG's on his 05 1000. He said he would never go buy a set of Pazzo's ever. If you have the clutch lever on the closest setting it hits the signal switch plastic.

Does he have risers installed? I know you didnt say he had them on a Busa, but mine were close, I just rotated the control clamp a little and now they are fine. Pazzo makes a really good lever bro, but I have never had any other brand for comparison.

Fanatica, you said ur buddy had it on an 06 750 and an 05 1000, did he have them on a gen 2 busa? Im kind of leaning towards the pazzos, thats why I ask?

I have the Pazzo long levers.
They are notched so as to break away about 2 inches from the end, if you drop the bike........ and then they are short levers.
I find the longer ones easier on my hands after a long day of pulling them. JMO
thats for sure, I own both shorts and longs.. I only use the shorts for the track as they REAALLY get old in stop and go traffic..

The guys having issues,if they would just spend alittle time tweaking they would be perfect...

The guys having issues,if they would just spend alittle time tweaking they would be perfect...

One thing I have learned:
These things are PERFECT right off the showroom floor.
Hundreds of Japaneese engineers have staked their souls on it.
We love them and try and improve on perfection, but all our efforts are subjective, and individual, and biased as each of us thinks.
Each of our improvements reflects our love and dedication to the task at hand, and that is how advancements are made and technology progresses.
Beauty (as perfection) is in the eye of the beholder.
When I look at another fellows bike, it is different from mine but just as perfect to him, and I can see that and I love that!
Hey MOD ON !

Does he have risers installed? I know you didnt say he had them on a Busa, but mine were close, I just rotated the control clamp a little and now they are fine. Pazzo makes a really good lever bro, but I have never had any other brand for comparison.
He tried everything but the three lower settings (closer to the grips wouldn't work). Oh well the bike is up for sale right now anyways. I don't know anyone with aftermarket levers on a busa that I know.

Back