Stomp grip anyone use them?

KappaSigBusa

Registered
anyone used/using these? worth the money?
zstompgrip-1.jpg
zStompgrip-3.jpg

If you ride the twisties and like to 'hang' off your bike or do track days...they're great :thumbsup:

If you ride mostly around town or do a lot of commuting...why would you need them ???

If you ride the twisties and like to 'hang' off your bike or do track days...they're great :thumbsup:

If you ride mostly around town or do a lot of commuting...why would you need them ???

thanks I do like to ride the twisties as that's mostly all we have here lol I might look into them:thumbsup:

i would like to know if i get the black ones if they would cover the entire strip on the gas tank?

i just ordered a set! aside from the twisties i am banking on them for riding postion and better back support. :whistle:

Somebody tell me a good place to buy them? Are they bike-specific?

i would like to know if i get the black ones if they would cover the entire strip on the gas tank?

XIIIR:

If you want to cover the strip on the tank I know the Magknight Tank bra will cover it 98%. Fairly easy to install also. I am going to get some Stomp Grips to put over the CF magnetic bra. I am assuming that it will hold OK on top of the MagKnight.

Hope that helps.

Rumble.

I approve them, I have them on both bikes and use them for either normal daily riding or track, you will like them. I have had no problems tearing up any type of jeans or leathers. :thumbsup:

And I went with the Black color...

I have a set in clear (I happen to like the stripe on the tank) and I also recommend them (for any type of riding), they really help with keeping your upper body relaxed and with staving off fatigue on longer rides. But you'll really notice the diff when hanging off, definitely easier to anchor yourself and stay relaxed on top, where it counts. The only gripe I have with them (at least the clear ones) is that they tend to collect dirt around the edges, but nothing that can't be solved with a bunch of q-tips when you wash your ride. Hubby makes fun of them and calls them 'shower mats', however, he ain't laughing when I smoke him in the twisty bits. :cheerleader:

I had them on my F4i and I loved them. Im actually going to order a pair today. They really do make a huge difference and for 40.00 its a good investment.

Just ordered mine yesterday (in clear) from Greg at Hyper bike Centers. Im really disappointed in Dirt Bike, ATV and Motorcycle Parts & Gear | MotoSport . Originally I was going to order the stomp kit from them because I follow there points rebate program and buy most of my riding gear from them, but I there site said they had them in stock, then it said they didnt have it in stock when i refreshed the page. So I call up customer support and spoke to some clown shoe who acted like a real @$$hole and couldn't care less that I was looking to make a purchase. I ended up just ordering a new pair of Alpinestars SMX-5 Boot. Just wanted to let you guys know the customer support at Motosport LACKS!

update: i put 250 miles on them on a group ride and they are great! perfect for maintaining your riding position and did relieve alot of back pain that i normally would of experienced on longer rides and they do make you feel invincible in the twisties. bottom line is they are well worth the scratch. :laugh:

I had them on the Busa & trackbike. They grip great, but wore holes through the inside knees of my lethers. I took them off.

I had them on the Busa & trackbike. They grip great, but wore holes through the inside knees of my lethers. I took them off.

I'm beginning to see where that would happen on my leathers. Damn, it's decision time, but I love those things! :banghead: I suppose 50 bucks versus 1K will make the decision for me... need knee pucks for the inside too... gawd...

I treat my leathers with a leather balm, not oil. After it dries the leather is tacky enough that I don't need anything on the tank to hold on. I was using a 4 year old set of Teknic leathers last year. They look almost new aside fron some road rash.

Back