Thinking about an 08 with a 220 Speedo

TruWrecks

Banned
I was thinking about putting a 220 gauge set on my 08 and recalibrating the speedo with a speedo-healer. Any thoughts if I could make it work so it's still accurate enough to be usable?

I would love to have a set of 220 gauges. Are you going to get gauge faces or a set of '99-'00 gauges ?

I know of a shop near me that can silk screen new gauge faces and make them 220 in the same sweep as the 180 face uses.

If the speedo-healer can adjust the ratio correctly I don't see why it won't. I just can't afford to throw the money at it until I have a better idea on proceeding.

The other thing I see on here all the time is gauge issues after the mod. I would want someone who knows what they're doing and will stand behind their work to do a turn key job with warranty.

But those 220 gauges are sexy to me ....

I'm not changing anything but the gauge faces, and adding a speedo-healer if it will work. I just want to get some input from others that may have tried something like this before. I did search for it, but didn't find quite what I was looking for.

sounds like a cool mod if you can get the speedo-healer to calibrate that much and be accurate all the way through top speed

Doug,

Just change the faces and use a speedo healer...shouldn't be any problem :beerchug:

Post up when you do it...if it works I will be doing the same thing to mine!

Update!!!!!!

He's a sneak peek at my 220 Gauge project. This is completely custom, and designed by me. I'm still working on the Tach and other faces. This will be printed and mounted to a translucent vinyl and mounted to the acrylic cluster. This is not an overlay. Light from the factory leds will light it up properly. The "zero" pin will be used, but the top speed pin will be left off to allow a sweep beyond the factory position.

I will post the rest, with a full writeup after it is all back together and ready for pictures.

:beerchug:

DougsSpeedMod.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about putting a 220 gauge set on my 08 and recalibrating the speedo with a speedo-healer. Any thoughts if I could make it work so it's still accurate enough to be usable?

You'll need to decide which you want to be acureate, the speedometer or the odometer. Once you change just the gauge faces to a different sweep, that's the decision you need to make.

I'm not too concerned about the odometer. I'm keeping this bike until I can't ride anymore, or it isn't mechanically fit to ride. At either point I really don't care what the odometer reads.

Update!!!!!!

He's a sneak peek at my 220 Gauge project. This is completely custom, and designed by me. I'm still working on the Tach and other faces. This will be printed and mounted to a translucent vinyl and mounted to the acrylic cluster. This is not an overlay. Light from the factory leds will light it up properly. The "zero" pin will be used, but the top speed pin will be left off to allow a sweep beyond the factory position.

I will post the rest, with a full writeup after it is all back together and ready for pictures.

:beerchug:

Nice....I like the design. Looking forward to your update.

Back