Speed Cell Batteries

airworks1

Registered
Any of you guys with the big motors tried the new speed cell battery instead of running dual batteries. I currently run two batteries and am tired of having to charge the second battery all the time. The total loss battery has 360 cca and after that has 210 constant ca. Would this be enough to get my 1540 to start on one battery or will I still need two. This battery is 375.00 at KWS so if I need two it would kinda be a deal breaker.

why not just get the auto 24v/12v relay switch so the charging system will charge both batteries and also still allow 24v start? Much cheaper approach.

do you run a headlight?

If not I have the battery and box to mount to your front stay that will crank that big motor..less than $300 for it all.

Still ride the bike on the street some, the biggest attraction is you lose close to ten pounds with the speed cell

I custom made an aluminum pan similar to the tiger tail but re bent the new piece to allow both batteries to sit under the seat and just moved the computer back to a new location to make room.

Motowheels sells these batteries and might be able to help you outon your questions.
I have a Superbike Speedcell in my Ducati 998 and love it.
Bike has sat for 3-4 months with out a tender and started right up.
the superbike one is 240 CC but i think they also make a bikker one like you saide its around 375 or so.
Ron

Lookin at getting one for my 08 R1 which has problems starting. Don't wanna waste my money though. These really all that?

DTBRP, This battery in my Ducati was 80 more CC and little over 8 pounds lighter. I have had the battery since January never been on a tender. If it ever had ot go on a charger they say it takes 15 mins for a full charge.
Here is a picture in the stock battery box of my 998.
The stock battery takes up the whole box.
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I went ahead and purchased one Kevin at KWS gave me a good deal and he stands behind them as he says he has sold quite a few of them, you almost have to put a deposit on one as when he gets them they sell quick. I bought the total loss one and after wiring it cranked my little motor right up. But its raining and couldnt go for a ride as he says the true test is when the motor is hot turn it off and let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and then see if it starts. By the way according to speed cell you are not supposed to charge the cell with a small maintenance charger only a full power charger for 15 minutes or so. There is a formula for how large a charger you are supposed to use based on the amp hour of the cell.

I did and had no success, but then I tried again and added motorsports to it and worked like a charm.. Thanks.

Back