changing rearsets...how involved?

nddragon01

Registered
What's up everybody.

I am expecting a new set of rearsets in the mail soon and was wondering if the swap is something that can be done in the garage or if I should take the bike to a shop to have them done...like, if I take off the rearsets, will other intricate stuff start falling off? Is it as simple as unbolt one, bolt up the replacement?

Thanks!

the hardest part is figuring out how far out to put your toe pegs on each side:laugh:

easy-peasy, man-just follow the instructions n it'll take about an hour or less if you're quick:beerchug: *if they dont include loctite-GO GET SOME*:rulez:

Total easy job. Hardest part is getting them in that right position. And i found with the vortex rear sets if your running a brocks pipe you will need to trim the rt mount bracket down a hair.

Depends on the type of rearsets, I looked into doing this, and with the style I want it requires some additional hardware and routing of the brake sending unit.
Hope some others who know more will post up and correct me where I am wrong.
I have a Gen II.
Ride safe Bro
Bubba

Simple off / on with the new. Adjusting to your possition..up /back, toe, and then adjusting the rear brake like sensor ( that took me most the time on my Gilles). Then remove the mounting bolts and lock-tite them all.:beerchug:

Like others have said...check the brake switch before removal and mimic it on your new part. For travel and when the rear light it activated. On the shifter side...once you have the rearset adjusted where it is confortable to your leg position...the adjust shift rod legnth for toe postition...(both assuming that you can adjust). After your mount is where you prefer and functioning...loctite and torque down. Some shift rods have left + right hand threads to legnthen and shorten the shift rod...it is something that most people are capable of doing so don't hesitate.

Thanks for all the awesome replies guys! I forgot to ask...since the new sets come with a new shift rod, is that the same ease level, remove/replace?

Back