Pair Valve and Exhaust insallation question

KvHotDog4

Registered
So after 3 years of waiting and being a tight wad I am finally going to buy an exhaust. After listening to every exhaust I could think ok I chose Muzzy seemed the best bang for the buck and I found a pretty good price on one (thanks to Wild07). My question it since it is a full exhaust and I have to remove the header does the radiator need to come off too?
My second question is I hear about to pair valve mod, what does it to for the bike what are the pros and cons to the mod? I figure since I am going to be changing and taking stuff off if it is needed I could go ahead and do it.

If it has to do with the style of riding I mainly use the bike (2007 Hayabusa) for gas milage to and from work (100 miles per day), but on the weekends I like to curve it up nothing major just the normal S curves 40 - 60 mph and the long ones 90 - 130 mph. But not really much hard acceleration, usually in 5th or 6th gear. The bike has plenty of power and just like anyone else more would be better but I would rather have gas milage and dependability vs few mods that would hurt in the long run.

Incase other mods have something to do with it. It has K&N air filter, TRE, Power Commander 3 USB and this weekend will be a full Muzzy exhaust and possibly the small air box mod. It is down one tooth in the front and up three in the back, however, that is very soon to be changed to get the MPG back lol.

Thank you for any and all feed back.

Although you have a GenI.....but this may help. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/88656-pair-reed-valve-block-off.html

You will get conflicting opinions on this mod. I researched it quite heavily and decided to pass on doing it. But you will undoubtedly want to get opinions from other GenI owners.

The exhaust will not effect your daily commute. But you're on the right track in wanting to switch back to the stock sprockets. This will make a difference for the better.

Good luck and don't forget the pics! :thumbsup:

Don't know about removing the rad, you might have to take it loose and move it forward. The pair valve mod just removes some useless weight after add aftermarket exhaust.

Well thanks to everyone for the input, I drove to indianapolis (4 hours one way) to pick up the exhaust got home around 3 A.M. and couldn't stand it I had to put it on. I finished at about 5:30A.M. then came in and took a nap, I guess thats why I am wide awake now. Sorry about no pics but I am just now checking my posts for replys. I asked Wild07 (who I bought it from) about the same questions I had posted. I loosened the radiator and oil cooler, I feel it would have been much easier if it were out of the way completely, but I was able to move it forward enough to just barely fit my hands in to take it loose. I decided against the pair valve removal since it really doesn't help or hurt anything other than removing a little weight. Thanks again to everyone who replyed :bowdown:

Back