clutch mod

Do you mean to replace the slipper clutch cam set with a solid one like Brocks makes?
I have done that and it is great.

You can also weld up the stock OEM two piece unit..Tiger Racing's cousin Mike Caputo did a few for me..Guy at Tiger made it happen and they work perfect. :thumbsup:

J

Performance wise the tightening up as said can make it a better feel, Also it was mainly to eliminate chatter on hard acceleration like drag racing take offs, the other side is (they say it is lighter on the site) that it is a small reduction in rotating mass and any time you so that you free up some ponies, possibly very little to register but every little bit adds up in the end

If all you have to do is weld it up.I'am in for that. If you take it out,all you have to do is weld it?

Yep that is what some guys do too.
Make sure you do it PERFECT.
If you don't, best case scenario is you are walking, worst case is you are rebuilding major.

Welded.jpg

Yep that is what some guys do too.
Make sure you do it PERFECT.
If you don't, best case scenario is you are walking, worst case is you are rebuilding major.

These pictures show the area and where to weld however it is overkill, you only need maybe a third of the overall area welded to work perfect.

J

Does that peice stay together when it is disambled or do you have to line anything up before you weld it. I'am not worried about the weld holding up,just the part being unbalanced or the weld's getting in the way of something.I had it apart to fix the tran's 2 year's ago and can't rember. And by the way ,I like overkill.

Last edited:
i have it on my bike, and it was well worth the 2 bills that it costs for the part. dont be cheap and weld it. just spend the money and buy it.

the biggest difference i noticed was the stronger lever, i got stiffer springs aswell and it made a big difference.

i have it on my bike, and it was well worth the 2 bills that it costs for the part. dont be cheap and weld it. just spend the money and buy it.

the biggest difference i noticed was the stronger lever, i got stiffer springs aswell and it made a big difference.

why the welded ones work just as well had them both no difference whatsoever, if you go with stiffer springs just install 3 of them and leave 3 stock ones alternate them, you will really like the difference all 6 stiff ones just make the clutch super hard in traffic

Schnitz Racing also sells the Brock's Clutch mod, but for a few bucks less. Is it necessary to add the slave support when doing this mod?

why the welded ones work just as well had them both no difference whatsoever, if you go with stiffer springs just install 3 of them and leave 3 stock ones alternate them, you will really like the difference all 6 stiff ones just make the clutch super hard in traffic

agreed, welded mine last week , added springs works great, and the tiny bit of weight difference they claim from billet .use the 200 bucks you save and make it even faster:thumbsup:

Back