300 kit brake bar

SKINN

Donating Member
Registered
What do I use for a brake bar on the 300 kit??:please: I'm 8-10 over without a hole for a brake bar...!

You could use a bracket like on some of the extention kits. THe bracket is the one holding the caliper but has a flat section on it that rest against the underside of the arm and keep the caliper from moving forward or backwords There is also a bracket out there that mounts the caliper to the inside of the rightside of the arm....it is a PM part and requires the PM caliper too.
Sorry I dont have any pics of either of these brackets.

Can I use this...?

100_3943.jpg

That will not stop your rear caliper from rotating just a fancy hanger

I have the one listed for the busa, but it doesn't work with the 300 kit...

One of those brackets with one like you pictured should work. The one you pictured is sim to mine to hang the caliper. Add on the bracket from the one linked and it should work?????? I dont know why the 300 kit would make it NOT. Unless that bracket does not site correctly to your Thompson 300 arm? Call Thompson and see what they say!

I have the one listed for the busa, but it doesn't work with the 300 kit...

Can you post a pic of why it will not work?
How about installing a make shift connector eye on the arm to receive the brake bar? A type of clamp around the underbrace tube that then holds the bar to the brake caliper suport.

Last edited:
THis is a 300. Look at the caliper bracket. ITs like the one linked earlier up the page.

I know I keep posting, but trying to help you out. Give me a bit more detail why it will NOT work? He have it now right? But why does it not work. The caliper may have some play....just a little bit. The point is to keep the caliper from rocking forward and backwards with the wheel when braking.
Working wheel outward:
wheel and rotor, spacers, caliper HANGER, caliper, then the half bracket that sits flat side up against underside of arm...like in pic bellow.

041.jpg

Last edited:
The shop where my bike is, told me it was for a stock arm with extentions. Here's what I have...

brakebar.jpg

If the shop is saying it will not fit only thing I can think of is measuring the distance from rear caliper to bottom edge of swingarm, maybe new arm is thicker than oem one so to make your bracket work you may have to either get a custom one made or take the one you have to a machine shop and mill it down for proper distance.

Skinn,
Did you have an option of buying the hanger with the 300 kit? It should have come with one!

They didn't offer me one... I'll have to call them on Monday and find out what I need. I'm also thinking the shop might be using the eliminator wrong...

Thanks Guys...!:beerchug:

If the shop is saying it will not fit only thing I can think of is measuring the distance from rear caliper to bottom edge of swingarm, maybe new arm is thicker than oem one so to make your bracket work you may have to either get a custom one made or take the one you have to a machine shop and mill it down for proper distance.

Yep..that prob the issue. The new arm is thicker and that bracket needs cut down some to fit proper to the arm. I also notice the on THompsons gallery....looks like none of the bikes have a brake arm. So they have something for it......

Thompsons is sending me out the part I was supose to have with the kit...! I hope it gets here tomorrow...

Thanks...! :beerchug:

Back