Hedman shorty tips

busakidaz

Registered
Im trying to put some new exhaust tips on. I saw these on another post. This girl that I ride 2 up with keeps burning her leg when she gets off the bike so I am trying to prevent that. This was the cheapest way I could find.? Was trying to figure out if after I take off the stock mufflers and put the exhaust tips on "Is there any thing else that I need to do to the bike" to keep it running nice? Or could this possibly damage the bike?

500-17120.gif

Hedman 17120

Sounds like she is getting on and off the wrong way! There is no reason for her to come in contact with exhaust parts while mounting and dismounting...

She will go "DEAF" from those if you put them on. They will be located right in front of her. every time you give it gas she will curse the day she didn't learn to get on and off properly. She can learn to get on and off the bike better then she can regain her hearing. Not sure as to how far the fumes will go before they start traveling up when at a stop light and such either. I never had a passenger on mine when I had stubby's on.

Want to get a good Idea at what you are in for? Take the exhaust off where it attaches under you foot pegs. Headman's are a "HAIR QUIETER". Sounds fun and cool at first then loses it's luster real fast.

You Will have to enojy "LOUD" to enjoy them. Neighbors aren't very fond of them also.

Sounds like she's not wearing the right clothes for riding . Be glad all she is getting is burnt. You can get a carbon can they stay cool

yah i did the search.... and your right...you get all kinds of answers all different...the only thing that every one agrees on is that there LOUD....

Buy your girlfriend a pair of leather riding pants. You can keep the stock mufflers and she wont get burned. Make them black and tight..:whistle:

street racer said:
busakidaz said:
On this post you said you put some exhaust tips for a car on your bike
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/95718-lord-humongous-exhaust.html

I was just wondering if I did the same would all I have to do is put the tip on or would I have to do some work on my air box or maybe jetting.....thx

I decided to order a pair for my Busa since they worked so well on my ZX-14. I will have them in a few days and let you know how they work. From looking at my Gen1 Busa I believe I may need an exhaust adapter to make them fit. Probably a 2" od to 2" id. I will let you know if a few days.

Cool, will work on this together then. I should get my today. I'll bet there loud but I would like to use them in some small track raceing that I do. I didn't buy a 2" outside diameter to a 2" inside diameter, all I got was the tips and a couple t-clamps 69 dollars total. So even if it sucks I didn't waste much money :)

The stock header pipe is close to 1 7/8" diameter. When you get the tips you need to cut slits in the 2" inlet side so when you clamp it will compress onto the header pipe. Slits can be done with hacksaw,dremmel,etc... Only need to be as long as the clamp width. So as when installed you never know they are there.

OK the 2'' tips are a Lil big, I don't think putting slits in the sides will be enough. I will have to use a adapter and cut the slits. Also the T- clamps I bought were to small but I bent the screw so they still work.

Im trying to put some new exhaust tips on. I saw these on another post. This girl that I ride 2 up with keeps burning her leg when she gets off the bike so I am trying to prevent that. This was the cheapest way I could find.? Was trying to figure out if after I take off the stock mufflers and put the exhaust tips on "Is there any thing else that I need to do to the bike" to keep it running nice? Or could this possibly damage the bike?

she could always just stay at home when da bike fires up?!?! :whistle:

Sounds like she's not wearing the right clothes for riding . Be glad all she is getting is burnt. You can get a carbon can they stay cool

If you like the way here legs look now and want them to stay that way, make her dress properly of dress her properly yourself. If she's in proper gear, no exhaust will burn her.

Here's a couple reference pics. Sorry none of the header pipe as I'm not gonna go through the trouble to remove the mid-pipe just for an measurement. As you can tell this pipe was installed at one point from the carbon build up. Standard 2" inlet pipe and a Clamp is all it took to install on the Busa. Hope this helps some.

090602_135456.jpg

090602_135516.jpg

090602_135528.jpg

090602_135647.jpg

Yesterday, I installed a set of Hedman resonators on my 07. Had to use a 2" I.D. X 2" O.D. adapter (two bucks and change at Auto Zone) to make them work the way I wanted. They really clean up the bike and give it a mean lean look. Put 30 miles on them, city and country riding, to try them out. Unfortunately, they are a little too loud for me. If you keep the RPM,S under 3,000 and dont give it full throttle they are okay but who rides like that ? They arent loud enough to require ear plugs and might not be too loud for some people but I dont think my neighbors or the local police will like them. Although, I did see 3 police cars while I was riding and none pulled me over. Heres a couple of pics. It looks like a completely different bike from the rear >

hedman10.jpg

hedman11.jpg

hedman12.jpg

hedman13.jpg

They sure so look nice. :thumbsup: Just that one side effect from them that get to people.

Back