Need help

echoseven

Froot Loop
Donating Member
Registered
Let me begin by saying I have the mechanical skills of a one-armed retarded monkey on crack. You probably think I'm joking huh?

Anyway, I bought the Soupy's lowering kit and find the instructions extremely vague and had to follow. I have tried searching for a more detailed set of instructions on this site, but can't find anything that helps my D.A. For anyone in the Wichita, KS area, there is free beer, any brand, that can help.

I also have a rear disc rotor that I need to replace. I really appreciate any and all help! :please:

BlueBusa.jpg

Also, I used a floor jack under the spot the centerstand mounts to lift mine up. Be careful with that though.

What Ken said, use a jack. I did mine on the side stand, tedious, but it works. Wish I was closer, the links take 30 minutes, the rear rotor, about the same.

hey i live up the road from you in hutchinson would be glad to help you have nice shop tols and lift so give me a shout ill hook you up

I ran a loading strap thru the grab handle and over a rafter in the garage. Lifted it right up and voila......

just rember once installed on bike . when adjusting its opposite what you would think for lowering. Botton line on Soupys u end up extendeding them to lower bike and be careful about going to far it will fall on you . just my .02:thumbsup:

You should get a shorter kick stand. Either buy one of get the stock one cut down and the footpad welded back on.

To lower the front just find a triple tree like that posted eariler...

Sorry for my complete lack of mechanical intelligence, but how exactly do you install the Soupy's front lowering block? I've searched and searched and can't find any info on this. :banghead:

What bolts do you remove to get the block on? All the ones circled?

lowering.JPG

Any suggestions? :please:

Well, I have not lowered the front, but I can tell you how to take the top triple tree cover off.

You need to remove the four allen cap screw covers, they just pry off, becareful not scratch the cover (just in case you want to go back stock). Then remove the four bolts circled in red below.

You will also need to remove the stock clip-ons. And from the looks of the tripple tree part that you posed, you may have to buy a different style clip-on.

DSC03771-1.jpg

Maybe these clamps will give you a better idea.
I copied these pics from ebay, I do not endorse any of them, just wanted you to see what they should look like. There are a bunch to choose from so what ever you like, but do your research to see if the quality matches your expectations.

PPM-TT-BA-BI.jpg

48cf_1.jpg

Do you get the concept, the fork tubes need to penetrate through the clamp in order for you to lower the front.

Last edited:
Once you get a clamp like that you have to adjust the forks through the complete triple tree, which will require you to loosen the lower tripple tree clamps (2 bolts on each side), and the one bolt on each side (allen head) on the upper tripple tree, so the fork tube can be manipulated and put at the desired level. You may want to do some research to see where others put theres.

No having done this before, I don't know if it would be better to take the front wheel off during the intial adjustments. A concern I would have is to make sure that they are moved equally...

Now, it's your turn. Take some pictures while you are at it and write you a Do it Yourself so the next person can refer to your link and get it done...

Back