hard work pays off but....

BigBallin

Registered
never again will i polish a set of wheels EVER AGAIN!!! took me 11 hours to do just the rear wheel :banghead:

l_90f505bdd6a77257656ae2e5f4ab29a5.jpg

and my new running lights and HIDS

l_37539fdeff31cd7e0045790175025d80.jpg

flame away

A lot of work, but looks great! You'll appreciate it all once you've gotten some rest and the days of work are behind you :laugh:

Seriously, looks great! :beerchug:

Lights look great... 11 hours is not too bad... will take you longer to get the "Black" off your hands...
You sooon forget how long it took...
Nice

Looks fantastic...love that light setup. But how about a little organization with those parts and bolts. Making all of us shade-tree mechanics look bad!:laugh:

you did it by hand? ouch... I think your technique might need some modification.. There are a few power tools that make wheel polishing a lot easier.. (I used to do full sets of car mags for $200) The problems is the initial outlay for the right tools. You can do them in under an hour .. (or pay to have a shop do them) :)

They sure look good huh ? :)

Last edited:
looks sweet brother i him hawed around for a week or so about doing the same but a good friend here in PA has a powder coating biz that promised me a powder job as good as polished and brother for 175.00 total, to do both rims i was freekin thrilled with the results.

tiforce.jpg

:thumbsup: Good job!!! :thumbsup: HID's look good! What 'K' did you go with? Both beams? Looking into to doing this for my bike as well, been talking to the 'King'. Interesting how you are doing your running lights. I like the effect. Great job all around. Will you need to coat the wheels to protect your finish? :beerchug:

hey being on the rear of the bike, could you use a flapper wheel to clear the powder coat and then regular polishing stuff with the bike spinning the rear tire? doh! (yea I do this on my bike already with my meguiars polish ball but my wheels are already polished)

You got that baby torn down :laugh:
yes i bought the bike used with only bolt on cans. the previous owner didnt take to good of care of it. so i decided to clean it all up and put parts on. Did,galfer HH pads,chrome wave rotars,rear rotar,blue lines,hids low and high,running lights,clear fronts,intergrated tail,front and rear sprockets,chrome rear hub.

trekfuel said:
Lights look great... 11 hours is not too bad... will take you longer to get the "Black" off your hands...
You sooon forget how long it took...
Nice

actually i wore latex gloves, i learned my lesson when i did the swing arm extension :rofl:

GoAWOL said:
Looks fantastic...love that light setup. But how about a little organization with those parts and bolts. Making all of us shade-tree mechanics look bad!
ya, the only real organizing i did was. all little bolts went on the tray under my chair and all the plastics in the corner lol

Mr Bogus said:
you did it by hand? ouch... I think your technique might need some modification.. There are a few power tools that make wheel polishing a lot easier.. (I used to do full sets of car mags for $200) The problems is the initial outlay for the right tools. You can do them in under an hour .. (or pay to have a shop do them)

They sure look good huh ?

i knew you could do it with air tools but i really didnt want to make my wheels all wavy with my crap experience as sanding with them.

Jay Willie said:
Good job!!! HID's look good! What 'K' did you go with? Both beams? Looking into to doing this for my bike as well, been talking to the 'King'. Interesting how you are doing your running lights. I like the effect. Great job all around. Will you need to coat the wheels to protect your finish?

yes i did the high and low. i bought the ddmtuning kits. only 45$ a piece with a lifetime warranty. really cant beat it, all the beamer guys use them so thats how i found them. as far as the running lights, you buy the bulbs from autoillmination and i had a fellow board member make me a harness with resistors in line. He did a fantastic job and only charged maybe 5 or 10 more dollars then it would have cost me to make the plug and play harness.

and the temp is 10k at 35watts. I like some bling so i wanted a blue hint to it.:cheerleader:

and thanks for all the compliments guys. really helps make it worth while spending so much time on it.:beerchug:

so i take the rim to get my new tire mounted and guess what happens? you got it, they damage the rim :crying: . so now they are goin to send it some where to get it completely refinished.

Back