power commander question

motomc1

Registered
just picked up (bought) a Busa yesterday in Oklahoma and rode it back to San Antonio, Tx. where I live. It's an 06 with a 4 into 1 Yoshimura exhaust, STOCK air filter and a power commander 3 USB. The fella I got it from said he set up the power commander as recommended by some people on a forum (probably this forum). I'm not sure if he used a computer or not. I noticed 3 adjustments (low, mid, high) on the PC under the seat. the bike seemed to run great and got 42 mpg on the HWY. It seems a little more cold natured than the previous STOCK Busa's i had in the past. i haven't had a Busa in 4 years...so maybe it's me. Exactly what are the adjustments (3) for as I'm not computer savy to "download" a program? I know, I know! I'm probably in the 'older age category" on this board. Any help would be appreciated....or..."if it ain't broke..don't fix it..? There were no instructions for the PC3. thks, Michael

Michael bring it to Pflugerville and let Johnny Cheese look at it man :thumbsup: best way to solve your worries. If it is not fast the Cheeseman did not touch it :thumbsup:

Thanks guys...it actually runs real well. I didn't know if the slight elevation change would call for a new map. the bike doesn't stall or backfire when ideling cold..it just seems ro idle a little rough and take a little longer to warm up. My other busa's might have been the same (they were stock) although I can't remember. This is my 4th one and the last one I had was 4 years ago. the other 3 were bone stock. Thanks again guys...and if in Pluegerville I will see him. There is a guy here in San Antonio named James who has Extreme Powersports who's been Dynoing for years. I might have him hook it up just to make sure it's all good. thks

Back