Brakes... my new favorite pad... PING GixerHP

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
although slightly over aggressive until you get used to them, the pads I got from GixerHP easily out rank the HH pads I got from EBC for stopping power (initially and hot). From the first use at the Dragon and 1000 miles of twisties at Bash to my track day at Putnam race park, these pads have been pretty amazing after coming off the HH pads..

From the first lap to the end of a 20 minute session of 25 mph to 170 mph, they never even gave a hint of getting hot or glazed..

I can almost guarantee you could lock the tires with 2 fingers if you get ahead of yourself.. This is probably too much pad if you are new to the bike or have a habit of grabbing gobs of brake in a panic situation.. (you have been warned)..

I doubt they are going to wear has long but if you need "stopping power" with minimal input, these suckers are amazing...

Now the caveat (always one right?) they are pretty pricey but hey, you get what you pay for and at about $50 a pair, you get to pull your retinas loose with 2 fingers...

Now John, what pads were these?

Last edited:
EBC Extreme's

card-pad.jpg

Hey John, I'm guessing those are the ones you put on mine too...They are nice:beerchug:
you should see them from 170+ down to 80 :rofl: you could lock the tire with out a bunch of effort.. they seem to only get better the faster you are going... really wonder what the life span is going to be..

you should see them from 170+ down to 80 :rofl: you could lock the tire with out a bunch of effort.. they seem to only get better the faster you are going... really wonder what the life span is going to be..

They are supposed to have a longer life than the HH Kit pads, and longer life over the standard HH's as well!

Now you fellas who are running touring tires should not rush down to the parts house to buy these agressive pads without giving thought to what takes place! Applying agressive brakes to touring tires is about as dangerous as wiping your azz with a broken bottle. Keep in mind these agressive brakes will lock the tire with little effort. In a panic stop, you are very likely to end up rubbing your snout on the pavement. Simple food for thought???????

IMO agressive brakes should only be matched up with sticky tires!

Now you fellas who are running touring tires should not rush down to the parts house to buy these agressive pads without giving thought to what takes place! Applying agressive brakes to touring tires is about as dangerous as wiping your azz with a broken bottle. Keep in mind these agressive brakes will lock the tire with little effort. In a panic stop, you are very likely to end up rubbing your snout on the pavement. Simple food for thought???????

Correct!

Yes does bare repeating..

was the point of my "disclaimer" about purchasing these pads... Even WITH the sticky race tire, I felt it would take little effort at 150mph to lock up the tire... The other reason of my post was to highlight that the brakes on these bikes are just fine in basically stock configuration for most riders.. All the hype about lines, HH pads etc to get "more brake" become pretty moot when the front tire locks under a panic situation (I have posted this personal opinion before).. Not a beginning riders brake pads by any stretch..

with that said, I ran the pad with the BT016 Bridgestone with little complaint.. When I went to the race compound tire? amazing stopping power and not too bad to modulate.. I can see where perhaps the finer feel of the radial master might just be a good idea.. I would certainly say that braided lines would be a must for these pads in order to transmit more 'feel' back to the rider.. the slightly spongy feel of the fiber lines might be a bit troublesome when it comes time to finely modulate the pressure on the pads..

Last edited:
How are they on the stock rotors?
after 12 twenty minute sessions, I never managed to get them even close to feeling hot or pushed beyond their limits... (keep in mind this was only my first track experience on a road coarse) I will get some pics of the rotors tonight..

Back