Fast idle cable re-location

ajlacro

Registered
I will be adding 1" spacers & I was wondering what was the best way to re-rout the fast idle cable? Do you disconnect the cable at the grip, or at the motor? Thanks, Andy

no, just take the cable from the right side of the frame out of the holder.(you will see it up by the right side by the neck of the bike) then just move it to the right and put it between the front tank boltson the neck to prop up the tank and you are done

Just did this. Didn't need it for the 1.25" thick Genmar riser, but did need it when I replaced that with a set of Heli Bars.

Take apart the lever for fast idle and pull out the cable. Back off the clamp on the right side of the steering head so the idle cable can be pulled free.

Remove the two bolts at the front of the gas tank and lift the tank up.

Feed the idle cable between the two bolts at the fron of the tank. Slip the cable between the fork tubes, but on the left side of the steering head.

Bolt the tank back down and tighten the cable clamp on the right side of the head.

Route the cable back into the fast idle lever and bolt it together. You should now have a LOT of excess cable length and it will kind of loop ahead forward of your bars.

Back