lowering front end - using spacers instead of replacing upper triple tree ?

CopMagnet5oh

Registered
is it safe to use 4 spacers and longer bolts to raise your stock upper triple tree ( or piece that handle bars attach to ), to allow forks to go up and lower the bike ? cheaper than buying a new upper triple but not sure if its safe to do. also riding position will stay unchanged from stock ride height.

thoughts ?

thank you.

- Kons

Last edited:
Lots of people have done it. Have them on my bike with no issues. Going on couple years now. Only way that's gonna break is if I got into an accident. At which point I prob won't be worried about it. Handle bar probably break first though. Used Soupy's kit for front and rear. Does the same as having Heli-bars.

soupy's front spacers installed.jpg

I've got the pingel ones. Works great! 4 years and 11k miles. If your bike is swb and height in the rear it's like doing the +1dogbones. It will handle great. I also have a 1" lower seat so it makes the bike more roomy.

found this on the web:

Due to factory taper on the front forks you can only safely raise the front fork tubes up a max of 3/4 inch. You MUST make sure and check that the lower triple tree pinch bolts are within the area that provide a strong consistent clamping surface.

is that right ? i see spacers are 1" and people drop front end even more with aftermarket triple clamps... how much is safe to drop the front end ?

Would also like more info on this. Link to who sales. I have 4" swingarm, would like to lower the bike and raise the bars for comfort.

rather then spaces I used 16 more (4 on each new longer bolt)of those rubber gromets and now have 0 vibration in the bars...

Back