Removing stock grips.....

Takeuon

Registered
I'm replacing my stock grips w/ some nice foam ones I just got from the guys @ HPC.
My question is...what is the best way to remove the stock ones?
I know on my old race bike I just lifted the grips up and sprayed some WD-40 under them best I could. Then tried to slide them off.
I don't care for the stock ones. So can I just cut them off?

Thanks,

Brian

You will need to take the bar ends off, but if you don't plan on ever using them again you can certainly cut them off. They come off pretty easy.

flat head screwdriver inserted from the bottom with a few drops of rubbing alcohol down the top and rotate the screw driver around the bar.

You will need to take the bar ends off, but if you don't plan on ever using them again you can certainly cut them off. They come off pretty easy.

Ok...that will be fine. As I'll be installing my Throttlemeister that just arrived at the same time :thumbsup:

Ditto on the compressed air...but don't cut them off. You may need them again and a little effort will get them off to be used again....maybe.

Silicone Spray.... :rulez: spray a little bit on the edges of grip, they will slide right out in less than 10 seconds....:beerchug:

Back