Tobin seat relieves knee fatigue!

Incubus

Registered
I bought my beautiful 02 Busa in Feb and recently joined a sportbike group here in the Houston/Katy area. Wow after the first few rides I noticed that I found myself wanting to either stop and strech my legs or extend them out while riding. I am 6'2". I have been reading about raising the bars and doing the Buell peg mod. But wanted to see if the seat would make a difference. I just got my custom seat in from Tobin seats and installed it. And VOILA! This seat is awesome! It actually sits you into the bike and and not in such a forward sitting position. This allows your knees to not be in such a stressful position that cause the want to extend your legs. I highly reccomend the Tobin seat!

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

Yeah I really need to get this but I just cant see myself sitting around not riding with the busa sitting in the garage cause I have no seat. Especially since it would take around 3-4 weeks.

Yeah about not having a seat for a while. I was concerned about that as well. so I bought a used seat on EBAY for $50 and had Tobin cover the used seat. That way I got to keep the stock seat in case I wanted to ride and also in case I wasnt happy with the Tobin seat I could go back to stock. I spent $265 on that seat....Money very well spent!

You mean like this???

seat, Buell pegs, and Heli Bars are probably the best investment I have made.... I can go for hours now.....:laugh:

P1010072.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010071.jpg

Last edited:
So did you do the peg instal yourself?
Was adjusting the gear shift and rear brake linkage easy to do?

Yes... I got them from joe (GSX1300R-T). You paypal him the money and you get them 2 or 3 days after.....:thumbsup: The instructions he send with the pegs are really easy to follow when it comes to adjusting the levers.... I had everything done in 25 min, you won't regret.... it feels great. Also I'll recomend you to get the Heli bars instead of raisers, helis raise the bars as well, but also bring them back a little.....

So did you do the peg instal yourself?
Was adjusting the gear shift and rear brake linkage easy to do?

The install is very easy and so is the adjustments. The Buell pegs helps a great deal! Check with a member here named Joe (GSX1300R-T), he has everything you need with instructions and is a great guy to deal with!

The install is very easy and so is the adjustments. The Buell pegs helps a great deal! Check with a member here named Joe (GSX1300R-T), he has everything you need with instructions and is a great guy to deal with!

+1000000

Joe will get you set up. PM him and he will give you his current prices.

Yeah I really need to get this but I just cant see myself sitting around not riding with the busa sitting in the garage cause I have no seat. Especially since it would take around 3-4 weeks.

Get a pillow in the mean time! Hell, I rode a Sportster with a leg in a cast and a pillow (20 years ago)

Tobin seats are very comfortable! Have had mine for about 5 years and enjoy it every time I sit on it. Buell pegs are nice and give you that little extra room. Nice lookin' bike!

Yes... I got them from joe (GSX1300R-T). You paypal him the money and you get them 2 or 3 days after.....:thumbsup: The instructions he send with the pegs are really easy to follow when it comes to adjusting the levers.... I had everything done in 25 min, you won't regret.... it feels great. Also I'll recomend you to get the Heli bars instead of raisers, helis raise the bars as well, but also bring them back a little.....

Greetings Everyone;

Saw those Pegs and thought I'd ask if any one could tell me how to contact the guy that makes them. I could use a set of those.

Love the look of your bike. The red accents really set that black off. Nice job!!:thumbsup:

It takes only maybe a week. He's located in PA

Hey thx GSXcite! I was debating on doing the red accents or staying all black...glad I did the red now! :laugh:

Nice bike and nice pic Incubus! It puts me to shame b/c mine is not that clean now. I definitely shine it up when I arrive to my destination.
Do you have a solution for wrist pain when riding? My wrists hurt so bad after 1.5 hour ride.
Thanks!

Back