• No, But I will soon.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No, don't need it/Don't want one.

Votes: 25 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnnybighit

Registered
How many of you have an alarm on your Busa?

Do they work? What brand do you have?
What is the best for the money?

thanks in advance.

I have Scorpio..some have Gorilla....then there are just the audible types. Anything is better than nothing. It may not stop a thief, but like anything else it is just a deterrent.

I have a scorpio i500 (I think). Came with area sensor. If anyone gets within a few feet the alarm will go off. Or I can use just the tilt alarm function. If anyone touched it or moved it, the alarm would go off. I got it for $85 on clearance. But it was an older model at the time. I think the i900's have the button-less remote. So you just put it in your pocket. When you get off your bike and walk away, the remote knows you are away from your bike and set it automatically. Then as you are walking towards the bike, the remote in your pocket dis-arms it. Pretty cool. Hope this helps...:beerchug:

Last edited:
scorpio with permiter sensor, tip senssor (in case some one sits on it), and ignition cut off, and rechargable pager. Might not stop theft but it gives me a lot of peice of mind and an insurance discount.

Last edited:
scorpio with permiter sensor, tip senssor (in case some one sits on it), and ignition cut off, and rechargable pager. Might not stop theft but it gives me a lot of peice of mind.

same as i have works great

I have the Gorilla, shock and tip sensor, but not perimeter. 2 way paging. It does give me some peace of mind as well. At least it is something, combined with a Road-Lok, I feel I am doing what I can.

All anyone really can do on their bikes is equip them with deterrents. A thief still has a chance to get your ride. With way car alarms go off today. Not many people go out of their way to look unless it sounds likes its in their driveway and making same sound theirs does. Sad,but true for most part.

Roadlok,alarm and Lojack is about best you can do. Maybe chaining it up to something also will help. Of course Lojack is an after the fact thing,but it's still a chance for recovery.

All anyone really can do on their bikes is equip them with deterrents. A thief still has a chance to get your ride. With way car alarms go off today. Not many people go out of their way to look unless it sounds likes its in their driveway and making same sound theirs does. Sad,but true for most part.

Roadlok,alarm and Lojack is about best you can do. Maybe chaining it up to something also will help. Of course Lojack is an after the fact thing, but it's still a chance for recovery.

+1 Nothing you can do to deter a professional or determined thief. I have Scorpio, Roadlok & enhanced LoJack.

I have the Scorpio, and testing the proto type Roadlok for the 08. Both are great theft deterrents. :thumbsup:

I have a scorpio i500 (I think). Came with area sensor. If anyone gets within a few feet the alarm will go off. Or I can use just the tilt alarm function. If anyone touched it or moved it, the alarm would go off. I got it for $85 on clearance. But it was an older model at the time. I think the i900's have the button-less remote. So you just put it in your pocket. When you get off your bike and walk away, the remote knows you are away from your bike and set it automatically. Then as you are walking towards the bike, the remote in your pocket dis-arms it. Pretty cool. Hope this helps...:beerchug:

where can i get this at?

scorpio with permiter sensor, tip senssor (in case some one sits on it), and ignition cut off, and rechargable pager. Might not stop theft but it gives me a lot of peice of mind and an insurance discount.
+1, same exact thing I have - SRi600 if memory serves me correctly. Bike is locked in an alarmed garage as well. I cranked the perimeter sensor to the highest setting so if even the side door to the garage is opened it goes off. I considered a RoadLok but other than the garage, the only place I leave my bike unattended is at work and there's 20+ office people overlooking the parking lot 15' away at any given time plus video 24/7 so I'm at ease when I walk away with just the alarm armed. The $100 comp deductible from State Farm ain't bad either for settling my nerves about it being stolen. :laugh:

Insurance with full coverage and $100 deductible.
If they want it, they will take it no matter what you have installed.

Scorpio i500 here. I prefer simple battery change of older model. I still have my bike (3 years) so I think it works.

Cycleprotect alarm-I like the GPS tracking and silent auto-arming features....i have no use for a noisemaker that just pi**es off my neighbors when a bird craps on the seat or the wind picks up-seen how easy they are to defeat too.

basically, and bike ALARM imo-needs to be linked to the owner/rider for it to be effective. If the owner doesnt know the bike is being tampered with-its kinda like the tree falling in the forest...except when the tree gets STOLEN-its really GONE, you just dint HEAR it happen:moon:
I think any paging alarm is a good investment-another good deterent is the disc-locks too:beerchug: most theives are lazy, and half are too dumb or weak to actually 'break thru' even low-budget defenses, so anything is better than nothing:thumbsup:

Back