Skid Plates?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Considering that my bike is lowered and I have already dragged it three times, I am wondering if anyone has looked into some sort of skid plates to protect the goods below?

I suppose I could get something fabricated, but I wanted to see if anyone here had done something before.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I always made some for my cars that I lowered. I got tired of replacing transmission pans.

Working with metal would be a fun project. Its nice to stand back and look at all the sweat that went into your work. These were done in 2005 (old forum). Run to your hardware store, get some thin gauge sheets and heat it up to form easily. Not too thin though or the skid plates wont do any good when your off roadin :laugh: . Start with your belly pan. Take it off and trace around it.

Or you can just order some boring plastic, not that people are gonna be looking at them :beerchug: .

Attachments

• Busa_Tag_Chainguard.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 435
Oh man, those are NICE! What tools did you use to cut and bend? Or do you have a link to the original thread? Thanks for posting that, I have hope now! :)

Any sheet metal cutting tool will do. If your gonna go old school and use sheers, its gonna take some elbow grease and the edges is gonna look like crap but just smooth them down when your all done. But here is the tool I used (dont know what its called). Borrowed it from my dad. It snaps on to the end of any drill. Buy it and when your done just go return it. :laugh:

nibbler%20attachment%202%20-450.jpg

Very nice! Thanks again for posting this, this will be my first official mod. :D

Back