MPS air shifter?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I have the mps airshifter came with a bottle, i like to know if i can use the system with no bottle just the compressor connected to the air solenoid and the pressure switch. can that be done? everything is working fine i just want to remove the bottle to put a second battery in there. i don't want to place second batt in front.

make an reasonable offer. removing bottle soon. just the bottle no gauge. pm me

How much line will you have between the bottle and the compressor? That will basically act as your "tank". If the volume of line is insufficient you wont be getting a full shift in. Do you plan on running the compressor full time while your shifter is active? Or do you plan on a pressure switch to turn the compressor on while it's active to keep that small reserve of pressure up?

i just tried and it worked with no tank, i have like 3 feet long line and a 150psi pressure swicht my solenoid is 1 inch away from the shifter,so far is working.

There ya go! the closer the solenoid is to the ram and the longer the line is from your compressor the better off you would be, but if it works, hey, it works.:thumbsup:

NO. you may get 1 hit, but when the bike is under load, you will need the extra air volume the bottle collects for you to be able to shift multiple gears.

Guy is right, it will act very different under load(can see my posts about my problematic 1-2 shift). Do you have the switch wired to turn the compressor off at 150psi or turn on below 150 psi? It seems to me like you would probably get one shift with that volume, then the compressor will come back on. Even if it functions for 2 shifts, I know my compressor has a hard time keeping up with my shifter without a tank, and doubt yours would keep up with the shifter in a 9 second pass and 4 or 5 shifts.

i took the bike for a ride with no tank and got on it with all i have and the shifting was no different using the horn button to shift. i do notice than every time i hit the button to shift the compresor come on for 3 to 4 sec a lot shorter than before and the compressor shut off till i changed gear again, i know that is common sence since i have no tank, with a tank i use to shift 3 gears before the compressor cut on but the copressor will stay on for atleast 10 to 13 seconds, once i get my hard starting problem solve, i will use the auto shifter with the rpm module to see how it goes. btw 2fast4u2c i just talkto you about the 24v mod and placed the order. that is why i need to remove that tank i never liked it any way. i think my air compressor and the 150 psi pressure switch will do the job. air lines are short and straight to the shifter, will post pictures tomorrow.

i have it to turn on at 120 and shut off at 150psi. what kind of pressure switch do you have?

Manual switch for my compressor but I have a tank. Fill'er up to 145psi and end a pass with about 120-125psi.
Posted via Mobile Device

and you having problems? where is your thread so i can do some reading, maybe i learn some new.

I was having throw length issues. Once I got that figured out, no problems! Other than weather, but that was me being anxious to get out to the track!:whistle:

Back