Additional Radiator Fan

dezzy7

Registered
for those of you who have added a fan to your busa. How did you do it and do you have any pics. I'm gonna install one this weekend but haven't decided how to hold it in place. I'm thinking of using alum straps. What did you use?
Thanks

I remember reading that someone did it here on the board a couple of years ago . but I don't remember how

HT-H13 1999-2003 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa aluminum fan blade 35.95

Enjoy
firedevil.gif

This sounds like something the Icemann might know a little something about. I know what I read had a guy who added a second fan on it's own circuit. Fused and switched. That way he could manually crank it on and off when he needed to, like when stuck in traffic etc...

Ok I'm gonna put an additional fan on this week based on my own limited knowledge. Once i get it p and running I'll post the instructions for anyone wanting to add one

Hey Dezzy, I should be around and have my bike back, I'd be interested in watching/helping if you are doing it this weekend and want an observer/wrench passer
wink.gif

Zuk and Juggler I've decided to wait till after Bikeweek to put it on... I'ld hate to have/create a problem the week before i leave.

But'll keep you'll informed.

It's a replacement of the original. As I understand it, you can't get two Busa fans on a Busa. I'm not sure what other fan assemblies could be used.

I'm tempted to go to a salvage yard, and see if I can find a small fan assy, as I would like to do the dual-fan setup.

I'm waiting on Dezzy, so I can learn from his mistakes...
tounge.gif

I installed an additional cooling fan on my 2003 busa. I took an original and mounted it directly to the radiator on the right side with the restraints used to hold transmission and engine oil coolers to truck radiator. Costs about $4.00 for 4. Fan housing does require some trimming. Also, must use muzzy's metal fan blade. The heat melts the stock plastic one just from idling too long! I wired it to a rocker switch with a fuse directly to the battery, to turn on when power is off. Switch can be mounted anywhere easy to reach, I mounted mine in the space on top of the gauges under the windscreen. I can get photos if anyone wants them.

i'm a mechanical engineer specialized in ventilation.
if Muzzy's fan allow for more flow since they have more blades means that they are pulling more power. You could blow the fuse if you fan has a bidder capacity. If it does not blow, it either does not increase the air flow or the wire is big enough to handle the extra load, OR the fan design is way, way better.
But aluminum is better than plastic. It will keep its shape during hot operation.
Adding a fan on the same circuit is not recommended.

The additional fan I am describing operates independent of the original fan. Nothing on the original fan's electrics were touched. Ice Man saw this mod on my bike at Myrtle Beach this weekend. I am sure he could vouch about the operation and the installation.

The additional fan I am describing operates independent of the original fan. Nothing on the original fan's electrics were touched. Ice Man saw this mod on my bike at Myrtle Beach this weekend. I am sure he could vouch about the operation and the installation.
NOW does this fan operate MANUALLY or Automatic like the main one??? but using an independent circuit??? so 2 are on at the same time???

Back