Lowering Rear

dirty dave

Registered
If I lower just the rear of my 05 busa how will that affect the bikes handeling? and what links are recomended?

Depends on how you are riding. If you are hitting the street, then you may not notice any difference. If you are going to hit the track, you may notice some. As for the lowering links, you want the adjustable type. Hope that helps.

links are really just bars of aluminum.....if don right you can lower or raise the rear in ten minutes...

remember, lower the front the same as the rear. if you don't you will decrease the steering angle and turn your bike into a chopper, and it will handle like crap.

FOr links use the Soupy's or Brocks thread links. STAY AWAY from the three hole bar things. I dont think you will notice much diff. But for me having 10 stretch and a fatt 330 in the back....for twisties I like the air-ride up high, helps with the turn in. Riding a stretch fatty slammed...it has a mind of its own.:whistle:

Ive got the Brocks "window" links for the rear. They were easy to install and adjustable. They will make the bike sit 3/4 of an inch lower than stock. I like Brocks links better because you can see how much threads you have left for adjustment. For the front I used Soupys spacers ( 1 inch) These go under the top triple tree clamp and it will let you slide the fork tubes up and that will lower the front.

definatly go with the adjustable screw type links...you can turn them up or down without taking them off and it only takes 3-4 minutes to raise or lower your bike.....
up front you can use spacers between the top triples and then allow the forks to slid back up to bottom against the triple again...schnitz racing, pashnit and a few others on here have everything you need....

s13wlset.jpg

arm10012.jpg

pm101white.jpg

adam10111.jpg

lowered the rear 2" and the 3tree will be here tuesday for the front. so far, sans the front not being lowered, i LOVE the height difference. handling, even with the front not lowered, is managable. i expect it will be even better come tuesday evening....

My Busa is slammed to the ground and I seem to have no trouble taking corners like a champ. Since I have short legs, the lowering was almost a requirement. But I really love the look too.

Have mine lowered and no issues riding on the street. Taking turns etc...
Don't use cheap EBay links.

If your going to be doing twisties and you're set on lowering the bike then you should really consider lowering both the rear AND front equaly. Realize that you're goign to be scraping things alot sooner if you lower your bike. Brocks window links and a top yoke clamp should do the fix for you.

opinions vary but i bought mine already lowered and chose to put it back to stock hieght and im telling you i felt a HUGE improvement in handling after raising it back up. i wouldnt recommend lowering to anyone unless they either dragrace or are really short and cant reach the ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back