chain oiler?

2 fast eddy

Registered
does anyone have any experience with the scottoiler chain oiler? i was looking at it and it seems like a good idea especially since i do long distance rides sometimes 600 miles plus. thanks for the info.

I remember reading about it but really I just grab my redline stand and clean and oil my chain every 400 or so miles and not worry about it. That way I look at it and inspect it. I always thought if you did it wrong you might end up with oil on your tire...???

Found a few opinions using the faithful search button...here you go. Opinions seemed to be varied but it seems most folks dig them. I wouldn't mind trying one out but for now I can save the $ and do the manual labor.

Scott oiler

Pashnit Link

Sport-Touring.net opinion

Last edited:
Found a few opinions using the faithful search button...here you go. Opinions seemed to be varied but it seems most folks dig them. I wouldn't mind trying one out but for now I can save the $ and do the manual labor.

Scott oiler

Pashnit Link

Sport-Touring.net opinion
yep there are certainly some haters on these.. I personally think they are kind of nice if you want ultimate life out of chains and sprockets (and at $250/$300 a round not cheap)

Eddy - I stock the Scottoilers and can send one today if that's the direction you decide to go. They are one of the old-timers in that market, and been around 15+ years (likely why the Scottolier is so well-known).

As mentioned, there are several manufactures that make items like this. With the right setup and proper install, they will all do exactly what they say they will do, that is prolong the life of your $200 chain. There are variations in how they are powered (vacuum, by hand even, etc). In the end, my best suggestion is do your homework and buy one you feel comfortable with.

Buy Now: Scottoiler Chain Oiler | PashnitMoto.com

oil_diagram.gif

oil_diagram.gif

I've run a ScottOiler for years and would recommend to anyone.
Mounting points on the busa are limited, however

Back