Electric or air shift on Busa?????

jeepinocala

Registered
I have been looking at the pingel electric shift kit and have looked at some air shift kits but right now I have no room under the seat or hump so was thinking of a pingel but 700bucks is not cheap does anyone know of a kit or even just the selinoid push pull part that is cheaper????????:please:

Are you looking for one for street or track use? Checkout Cycle-Tek.com They have a CO2 operated system for under $400. If you have an 08 it has 2 smaller Co2 tanks that they say will fit under the rear seat.

I use the Cycle-Tek CO2 setup and it works flawlessly and doesn't take too much room imo. The only other electric shifter would be a Dale Walker Holeshot 3. Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.But I have heard that you have to keep it adjusted often.

There is Dynojet's electric shifter but it gets pricey too since you need the PCIII USB, hub and the ignition module....

+1 on the Pingel....I rode a friends zx-14 (sorry..:whistle:) and he has the pingel and it works wonderfull. I also am planning on getting one for my bike.

I know a guy that has the Pingle....loved it UNTILL after being in the rain a few times. It started acting up on him. I have Cycletek. The air shifter only go up thru the gears, but the electric does up and down.

I use the Cycle-Tek CO2 setup and it works flawlessly and doesn't take too much room imo. The only other electric shifter would be a Dale Walker Holeshot 3. Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.But I have heard that you have to keep it adjusted often.

There is Dynojet's electric shifter but it gets pricey too since you need the PCIII USB, hub and the ignition module....

I thought dynojet only made an assited part I will check again but I dod have the pc and hub so I will check this first.

The dynojet one isn't a shifter that shifts for you. It's only a sensor on the shift linkage that kills the ignition or fuel (similar to blipping the throttle) so you can shift without the clutch lever....

Go with a Pingel,no tanks to refill or take up room,always on,up or down,easy to install,personally- 500+passes,6000 miles since installing with flawless results. you can still shift normal if you want at any time. Your clutch life will be extended x4. We did Ninja Killers in under 4 hours including a bit of customizing because of his and mine, Vortex rear sets. Kawiboy, Nightflight, and several others all have one and love it

06blkbusa 016.jpg

06blkbusa 017.jpg

06blkbusa 029.jpg

I only use my cycletek shifter at the track of the odd time on the street. With my air-ride set up I have tank that is auto filled by a pressure switch...yes the tank is allwasy full by the onboard compressor. At the track the activations shift switch is by-passed by the shift light...yep the light shifts the bike. :laugh: JUST launch and hold the F on. No clutching and not foot shifting or button pushin.:thumbsup:

I only use my cycletek shifter at the track of the odd time on the street. With my air-ride set up I have tank that is auto filled by a pressure switch...yes the tank is allwasy full by the onboard compressor. At the track the activations shift switch is by-passed by the shift light...yep the light shifts the bike. :laugh: JUST launch and hold the F on. No clutching and not foot shifting or button pushin.:thumbsup:

I like that idea but with an electric shift I dont have the room for anything under the seat with all of the power commander crap and NOS crap plus purge kit and even have led commander under there so yeah it is full I figure I can buy the pingle shift cylinder and brackets them make the relay myself and have the power commander hub control the shift it is comtrolling the nos right now it was an easy hook up.

COmpressor is in right side of tail....1lb tank is crossward in the tail just behind the trunk latch bar. If you have your nos bottle in the hump...then yea...I bet your full.

DSCN1330.jpg

Ijust picked up a pingle electric shifter for my 05. I got the shifter used from an old friend and it works awsome. It looks pretty trick also.
:thumbsup:

I also have a Cycle-Tek co2 kit,works flawlessly and with the 16oz. bottle mounted in my swingarm can get around 300 shifts before refilling at a paintball store for $2 a bottle.:thumbsup:

Back