Interior Ideas on New Trailer

wrlamkin

Registered
I am getting ready to buy a new 6'x14' trailer and would like some help with the interior. I am thinking about putting a tile floor down, do I seal the floor? What kind of tile do I use? Where can I mount a small generator? I would appreciate any ideas for interior that you have done, good and bad?

I use indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor. Is is not slick & acts as a pad. Paint the walls gloss white & use LED lights for the walls. My generator is portable, so I don't mount it. The ramp is painted w/ a non-skid paint.

TRAILERLD.jpg

If you're looking to put tile down, I was looking at the safety tile from Armstrong:

Armstrong Commercial Flooring: VCT / Slip Retardant

The other thing that you could do is get some garage paint/epoxy and put that down. You can get the anti-slip additive put in there...just stir it in. (A fine sand will work too).

I believe that they make a tray that mounts to the tongue area of the trailer that is meant to hold a generator. I don't know if I would feel comfortable leaving it out in the open like that but I have a trust issues. :laugh:

for the generator you can build a box that opens and locks around it thus allowing ti to be kept on the front outside of the trailer. Diamond plate works well and looks pretty good.

I ended up with at 7'x14' trailer and here are some pictures with the start of my interior modifications. I used the tile so I could mount the frames for my stands and tie down track at floor height so I would not trip over them. I will be mounting my tool box and air compressor soon. I am going to make some more racks for gear soon.

DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

Nice trailer. I had a great time outfitting mine. I have some nice storage shelves for your boots and gear that I'm building. They would look great in your trailer.:thumbsup:

100_0734 (Medium).jpg

100_0736 (Medium).jpg

100_0737 (Medium).jpg

looking great :thumbsup: What kinda tile is that and where did you get it? I am in the process of setting mine up and wanted to get something that the etrack could sit level with, or even slightly below and figure out a cover plate for it

oh yeah, how is the lighting with the lights mounted on the sides like that? Any chance you can get a pic at night with them on? :beerchug:

WRLamkin,

You have a pretty nice lookin trailer! Can't wait till I can have something like that to haul my 'Busa around. :beerchug:

I bought the flooring from Sam's Club. As far as the lights, I do not have a night picture, I will say it is very bright. I mounted the lights to the metal supports. I went with the small tubes so minimize head clearance issues. I used Zenon lights up front so I would not bang my head into anything and so I could direct the light down the center of the trailer. I just took the trailer to Valdosta and had no issue with lights, tools or the holders I made for my gear. The stands I mounted up front worked out great.

Back