need help on decal install

big ed

Donating Member
Registered
Im getting the busa painted & had whipkraker(jenny)make me some matte black huge kanji decals.My problem is how do I cut & measure them to fit the fairings...someone suggested diluted windex on the fairing & decal allowing me to slide around & cut to fit then squeege out bubbles.any other proceedures you guys recommend?

I use dish soap and water... about 6 drops in a squirt bottle..

Apply just like window tint..

you clean spotless everything (no razor scraping on paint however)
wet the fairing liberally with the soapy solution,
Peel the backing off sticky side of decal and spray liberally with soap solution
Float the decal on the fairing and position exactly where you want it and begin to squeege the water out from the center of the decal..

works like a charm, just make sure it is where you want it first before using the squeegee

If they are not adhesive backed...windex or just soapy water and apply like window tint. The liquid solution gives you time to work out all the wrinkles and bubbles. Use a small flexible squeegy

Make sure it is clean of wax before you apply.

I use dish soap and water... about 6 drops in a squirt bottle..

Apply just like window tint..

you clean spotless everything (no razor scraping on paint however)
wet the fairing liberally with the soapy solution,
Peel the backing off sticky side of decal and spray liberally with soap solution
Float the decal on the fairing and position exactly where you want it and begin to squeege the water out from the center of the decal..

works like a charm, just make sure it is where you want it first before using the squeegee

great minds think alike

and even greater minds type faster... :rofl: now put the rifle down...

any suggestions on the vent holes?the decal is gonna look like it came one side & out the other.its kinda like that big kanji frisbee has on his busa

the decals I have put on bikes and cars, have an adhesive backing, yet you still can use windex or soapy water.. you can ask the person who made them what they suggest, on the instruction sheets I have read, (with the kits I used) windex isn't a problem. on window tint they say not to clean the windows with windex..

DSC05679.JPG

Back