Tag placement with undertail

305Busa

Registered
I dropped my bike a few months ago and was kind of taking my time putting it together the way I want, so the last piece of the puzzle was an undertail. Got the undertail and everything was lovely until I read into the silly law that we now have in the state of Florida. One of the laws requires that the tag be horizontal to the ground and above the can and I'd planned on placing it on the swing arm. My question is, can anyone recommend and tag bracket that can be place on the undertail to keep it looking somewhat custom. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, the bike is a GenI

roaring toyz
RTS728RTC-2.jpg

Hayabusa Chrome License Plate Bracket

Thats nice but I have to agree with 4life. Thanks for the reco though. I guess if push comes to shove, then I have to go with something like that.

Buying "custom" almost all the time means $$. Just the nature of things. Pretty much can get away with a Generic bracket off ebay. Buy a nice plate cover,one that doesn't cover to much of the plate.

i have that exact Roaring Toyz Tag bracket for the footpeg mount...*when I had it on* I never got pulled over ridn my bike...having the plate in the trunk *which i do for some odd reason when I visit new areas*:whistle: I get stopped everywhere, n have to pop open the back n show them plate-only got ticketed once tho so I prefer the 'ride-til-I-get stopped' style considering how well I obey the posted speed limits:laugh:

305-if you r lookn to pick up a bracket n u dont mind how they look-get a little Ebay unit for $30-40.00...if you are tryin to make your bike 'look' as good as possible n you like chrome (which i honestly dont btw) then go for the Roaring Toyz unit-has built-in LEDs you can hardwire to light up easily n plate can switch from vert. to horiz. mount in seconds with a allen wrench.

just my .02c, after being ticketed for rolln w/no plate bracket here in WI.

I have not had any issues all summer for where mine is mounted. Back of the battery box. Maryland law: horizontal and center of bike.:laugh:...not sure about "at rear most part of bike"?

DSCN1396.jpg

i have that exact Roaring Toyz Tag bracket for the footpeg mount...*when I had it on* I never got pulled over ridn my bike...having the plate in the trunk *which i do for some odd reason when I visit new areas*:whistle: I get stopped everywhere, n have to pop open the back n show them plate-only got ticketed once tho so I prefer the 'ride-til-I-get stopped' style considering how well I obey the posted speed limits:laugh:

305-if you r lookn to pick up a bracket n u dont mind how they look-get a little Ebay unit for $30-40.00...if you are tryin to make your bike 'look' as good as possible n you like chrome (which i honestly dont btw) then go for the Roaring Toyz unit-has built-in LEDs you can hardwire to light up easily n plate can switch from vert. to horiz. mount in seconds with a allen wrench.

just my .02c, after being ticketed for rolln w/no plate bracket here in WI.

I got threatened with "intention to ellude by modification" falls under a catagory about no flip up plates and they must be secured .....blah blah blah.

I had the big wing type thumb screws holding the plate on...

Cop told me that the only reason a guy would have them on is if he planned to remove his tag to run from the cops :thumbsup:

I told him that I can't remove the plate while running from the cops or my shoe falls off and then I ride funny and offcentered....

he didn't laugh but I didn't get a ticket.

I advise to refrain from ANY mod that would get ya needlessly stopped. Once the cop gots ya stopped...you are at his whim.

I know the roaring toyz is costly, but they are the only ones who makes one as of right now. I'm sure you can make one for less, but as nice?

come to PA...I guarantee you a ticket if a cop gets a glance at that.

Been there...Greencastle, Mercersburg, and Chambersburg. Mind you that the pic is with air-ride down. Tag has red reflectors on both corners and is well light with 6 white LED over the top of it.:laugh:

I guess the air ride makes a difference then...I have a buddy who would be very interested in seeing your bike...he's a busa owner who has implied he wants to go in a similar direction with his.

I just mounted mine under the undertail. Probally does not look the best there but it's legal. One less reason to get stopped...And it was free. :beerchug:I just used the factory tag bracket and mounted it to a L peice of metal.

043 [640x480].JPG

I made my own tag mount out of aluminum. I mounted it to the left passenger peg. And yes it is horizontal. I will try to find the pic I took of it.

Back