Swing Arm extensions.

Puzzled

Registered
I working on a bike that the owner has not committed to a complete extended arm yet, fair enough. So we decided to go with swing arm extensions instead as a trial. What I have found is that most of the extensions have a similar look to them. In lies my question, does anyone make something that covers the axle? How about some sort of an odd shape at the end of the extension? Anything slightly different?

Don't know if axle covers exist at all. Never seen any for swing arm extentions. Why would he want to cover the axle?
goodboy.gif

I think either C&S does or maybe roaring toys.... you could open up the back few pages of advertisement in any of the motorcycle mags and probabaly find what you're looking for. I remember seeing some with curved point tips at the end as well.

Don't know if axle covers exist at all. Never seen any for swing arm extentions. Why would he want to cover the axle?
goodboy.gif
I don't know that he does want to cover them. I simply was looking for something a little different.

My own preferance would be to cover them like RC Comp does with their arms.
thumb_up.gif
IMO it offers up a clean look.

I think either C&S does or maybe roaring toys.... you could open up the back few pages of advertisement in any of the motorcycle mags and probabaly find what you're looking for. I remember seeing some with curved point tips at the end as well.
RT didn't have anything unusual. I'll look into C&S.
thumb_up.gif

I'm thinking there may not be such a demand for such an item when one can purchase a complete arm for relatively cheap now a days.
wtf.gif
smile.gif

Since it's a bling item you might not have such a big selection in extensions. replacement arms esp if you start goign to the big tire ones probably have more fancy covers and such.
thumb_up.gif

It is to diificult or to big and blocky looking to cover up the stock axle with cover plates. On the wide tire swingarms we have a lower profile axle that makes it easy to cover up. We do however have a very high quality set of bolt on extensions. Be careful when you buy bolt on extensions to get a good high quality set. There are many knock offs out there that are not engineered well and are dangerous. These are the parts that have given bolt ons a bad rep. Our extentions and Exoticycle extensions are both very high quality fit and finish. Our set comes with a nice billet brake caliper hanger that allows for removal of the brake arm bar and full use of the axle slot.

Hayabusa Billet Bolt-On Swingarm Extensions 99-07 GSXR 1300 2-7" adjustable cnc machined custom dragrace

Back