Undertails...

BusaChick71

Registered
I know there are a few threads in the "appearance mod" section regarding undertails, but I didn't get all of my questions answered in those.

I think I fall into the category of "Mildly-Stupid" when it comes to certain things on my bike... the undertail is one.

I found <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-07-HAYABUSA-BLACK-UNDERTAIL-EUROS101B_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ250252458791QQsspagenameZR
SSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a101" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">THIS (clicky) </a>on Ebay.  Has anyone ever seen one of these in real life?  I have tried doing some independent research before I purchase an undertail for my '04, but I keep hearing different quotes swirl through my head...  My Father (RIP) telling me "You get what you pay for" is one that comes to mind.  However, if this is just as good as one that sells for $229, then I can use the unspent moola toward another mod!

If anyone feels like providing opinions, or posting where you bought your undertail, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

That looks just like the first undertail I put on my 04. Still have it in some box in the garage. Heck, you want it, you can have it. Just pay me for shipping. I have one word to describe it. CRAP. Stay clear of it as you will be wasting your money. I thought about putting mine on eBay but I don't want to get negative feedback for selling junk. I am on my third undertail as I am always trying to get brighter.

so what is the best place to find a quality undertail kit for an 07

I am just now getting into the mods

just for process of elimination
Hot bodies undertail
not enough light (brake or turn signal)
led's burn out quick

I wouldn't buy one knowing what I know now.
UFO would be my next undertail
if bulbs burn out easy to change. If LED's burn out your up shitz creek

Cyclops is nice. Mototech if you can find em. On the ones that take bulbs you can easily replace the bulbs with LED bulbs now. They are much brighter. If I had it to do all over again, I would leave the original brake light and turn signals on the bike. Nothing is brighter or easier to see that I have come across.

I actually wish I had OEM. When I purchased the bike, an aftermarket tail was already installed. It looks like instead of using a Dremel tool to cut, they used a dull butter knife. The lines are horrible, and there is a spot that actually snags my cloth. This aftermarket tail thats on it has very small LED turnsignals. They are hard to see at night, forget being able to see them during the day. When I ride it to work, I use hand signals...
guns.gif
Thanks Rockadaous and Shanling for the info.
bowdown.gif

How are the lights for the Top Gun undertail? Are they easy to change? Are they available in a lot of different retailers ie. Pep Boys, Autozone, dealerships, etc.?

Just my $0.02 here. I would say take the money you'd spend on a complete undertail and buy a dremmel tool to remove the 'shovel' portion of the rear fender. Leave just a enough for license plate mount and the turns. Or if your local laws allow it then relocate the turns or get an integrated tail/turn light combo. If you already have a dremmel tool than take that undertail money and instead just buy upgraded brake pads, SS lines and possibly buy more exacting front and rear springs.

Just my $0.02 here.  I would say take the money you'd spend on a complete undertail and buy a dremmel tool to remove the 'shovel' portion of the rear fender.  Leave just a enough for license plate mount and the turns.  Or if your local laws allow it then relocate the turns or get an integrated tail/turn light combo.  If you already have a dremmel tool than take that undertail money and instead just buy upgraded brake pads, SS lines and possibly buy more exacting front and rear springs.
Spent your $0.02 and dremeled off mud flap and removed Huffy reflectors.  Already had a dremel so I only spent your money.  Now onto hump mod and maybe shrink the tail turn signals.

Thanks for the lincolns!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Cyclops the best.
Cyclops don't even sound good let alone look good..

I like the look of the stock tail light w/MH knock off under tail..
winkold.gif
Dang, I have the Cyclops but mine doesn't have any "sound" to it. I must of got ripped off! How do I get one the makes a sound?
rock.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Actually, I always thought the Cyclops looked like crap but went ahead and tried one on mine. Actually, it looks better then I thought it would. Had I to do it all over again? I would have stayed with the OEM and made it look like you did Doyle. I think that has a nice clean look to it.

laugh.gif

Cyclops the best.
Cyclops don't even sound good let alone look good..

I like the look of the stock tail light w/MH knock off under tail..
winkold.gif
Dang, I have the Cyclops but mine doesn't have any "sound" to it. I must of got ripped off! How do I get one the makes a sound?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Actually, I always thought the Cyclops looked like crap but went ahead and tried one on mine. Actually, it looks better then I thought it would. Had I to do it all over again? I would have stayed with the OEM and made it look like you did Doyle. I think that has a nice clean look to it.
laugh.gif
under tail talking..
rofl.gif

I seen one at one of the MnG's and still didn't do nothing for me..
dunno.gif

The UFO under tail is probably my 2nd favorite.. looks real nice and with the bulb change you can be seen real well as well.. Bogus has one and wow its BRIGHT..

Thanks for the flowers on my ride..
peace.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

beware any "talking tail" (bad breath)
whistling.gif

Marks is the first one I really noticed in person and the "maltese" looking cross looks better in person..

I have UFO... LED's that come with it are useless and so you need another $50 to fix that... I also added additional turn signals for visibility and to stay DOT legal... (another $90)

Back