Good Undertail Walkthrough

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Undertail

Click on my current modifications--- and you'll get a list of mods... Select from there...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088508184 -->

awesome walk thru, i have a fsd unit coming tuesday ant that walk thru will definately get me thru.

beerchug.gif

Curious though-One of the first steps is scribing the sides along the rear bodywork,but next photo shows basically everything gone below and outside the subframe.The man that sold me my part told me not to cut anymore than needed.Said it makes for a more "solid"install.With the Top Gun is it okay to remove more than needed?

Um I dunno sorry, I was just posting the link. But if you email TotalKaos, and your really nice, I bet you'll get an answer...

most say they have about the same space or gain slightly more from the gun tail.

Thanks for the photos and help!!! I put mine on and it looks great! Only thing, I think the break lights are a little weak.. Any comments?
Thanks in advance.

mojo

Kip_s_Busa_038.jpg

You cant cut enuff for the top gunn. A little more storage space but still solid. Lay some rubber mat like for tool box drawers along the inside bottom to keep things from sliding around.

Ref the tail lights do a search for ICEMANN's LED custom tail lights for the top gun. He's a member on the boards.

JD

I'm having a hard time finding info on ICEMANN's LED's.

How are they different than normal LED bulbs?

They are different and way better!!! I can try to do this link.

<!--EDIT|mojojedi
Reason for Edit: "Spelling!!! (dope!)"|1075220207 -->

I went with the undertail from texasfairing. In my opinion it looks the best out there. I will be putting it on some time in april. I live in upstate ny so there is still snow every were.

I just ordered at topgun and led tail lights and blinkers....

just got the rear tail section off waiting for it to arrive before I start cutting on it.

surprisingly I didn't even know about this till after I had the tail section off... it wasn't hard to find all the bolts needed to take the thing off.
cool.gif

I am in the middle of installing my undertial from rumble imports it came with two bright ass LED brake lights. The brake lights have three wires on them does anyone know how to hook these up. I can get them to come on when I hit the brakes but I am asuming that they are suppose to be on all the time and when you hit your brakes they are supppose to become brighter. Please help. Also I am curious in integrating my turnsignals into my brake lights. I was told there was a 25 dollar uhaul trailer transievor you could by to make this happen has anyone used this and if so is there any kind of wiring diagram or a link that I might be able to view. Thanks in advance
tounge.gif

for one with the stock lights you can get it for $250 or less from silvio at alliedbarter.com. Give him a call.

Thank you very much, we had such things in germany, but not the same. Now I have to look about the TÃœV, its a procedure here you have to get the OK for the mounting on your bike by law.....

Greetings from Germany

Andreas
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I got to looking at the pictures and I wish I would have did a writeup on how to cut the tail. I think this was could be simplified by saying

cut everything below the subframe in a straight line all the way to the back of the bike. Then find the vertical mounting bolts for the undertail. They are on the top side of the plastic near the back of the bike. Cut everything behind this(see pic) and you're done.

fendercut.jpg

anyhow, did the top gun undertail, was a pain in my butt to install, BUT once finished.....it looks awesome

Undertail.jpg

Back