Alternative fairings question

Kevin Jones

Registered
I know there are many many fairing threads, aftermarket, Chinese, pros vs. cons, etc. My situation is that as I went to bolt on the left fairing on my 02 Busa which I have had about a month now, the center upper detent that holds the fairing directly to the frame cracked (it had a small stress crack) and fell out. This doesn't seem plastic welding repairable. So as I removed and surveyed the fairing really well, I saw no heat protection and warping where the paint was beginning to bubble on the lowest portion. Where paint had come off, I saw a blue tinted plastic. I took the other side off as well, same thing. No heat protection. My guess is this was a fragile Chinese aftermarket kit that the previous owner put on shortly before selling. Both sides are warped at the lower points and my instinct is to replace them both. Surfed ebay for used OEM and found some replacement individual fairings in various stages of health (avg. $200 for lightly scratched left side). I will call and ask about OEM and check some websites, but I am seriously considering an aftermarket replacement kit. I could add heat protection to it, I would be more than willing to spend a little more than the +/- $500 for the standard Chinese lest I be right back to where I am now in short time. Is there anyone with an aftermarket kit stateside for a little bit more quality and money that would be a good vendor to deal with?

I am also looking for a right side OEM fairing for my 2005 Busa
6CE3988D-9789-4D15-A9D3-6B025E66C6A9.jpeg

Back