My new busa

Dons04

Registered
344sizs.jpg
I bought this 04 LE from a co-worker for $4000. When I got it, it needed ALOT of work! But several thousand dollars later and a lot of work, this is what I ended up with.

:welcome:

Nice looking Gen1! What all work did you have 2 do 2 it?

It's quicker to say what I didn't do to it. It had chrome wheels, swingarm, and other things, but the guy left it outside under a carport. On top of that he never cleaned it. I did a lot of paint correction on it, replaced all the chrome with new chrome or black parts. New dual exhaust, wheels, tires, swingarm, chain, levers , hardware, windscreen,etc. Anything they make for it I replaced.

So they are machine cut into the rims?
Where did you get that done and how much was it?

Could you take a close-up picture of them for me?

Thanks you.

I got them from BallZ Motorsports. I guess they were a one off set they made. I found them on eBay for $650.

I have an 04 don't you think I know that what he has in that picture is not factory?

There is something different about them.
Looked like the silver lips all the 04 LE s had. Guess I shlda looked at the pics closer.
Seems like a waste of $$ considering from a distance you can't tell the difference.

It's quicker to say what I didn't do to it. It had chrome wheels, swingarm, and other things, but the guy left it outside under a carport. On top of that he never cleaned it. I did a lot of paint correction on it, replaced all the chrome with new chrome or black parts. New dual exhaust, wheels, tires, swingarm, chain, levers , hardware, windscreen,etc. Anything they make for it I replaced.

It really SUCKS when someone doesn't value or take care of the stuff they own.

You did a nice job of restoring it.

I bring my bike in the house during the winter and it's in the garage all the other times.
I know not everyone has a garage - but at the very least I would build a shed if I bought a bike and didn't have a garage.
But that's just me.

I guess because I have basically the same bike I noticed right away the wheels were different.

Dons04 where do you live?

Orlando Florida

Oh - one of the lucky one's that can ride year round.
Must be nice.

Can you tell I hate WINTER?
was 32 degrees this morning and my front yard looked white, almost like a light dusting of SNOW. :banghead:

Well have fun riding knowing you are blessed to live somewhere you can enjoy one of the greatest gift's man has - motorcycling.

Very nice job on the restore. :bowdown: :bowdown: I'm also jealous that you can ride year round, hope you are getting a lot of miles in and enjoying them all.

Orlando is not all it cracked up to be. I swear we have some of the worst drivers on the planet here. I'm originally from Ohio and a lot less traffic and more fun to ride the 5 months out of the year you could ride!

I'm pretty sure the worst divers in the world are not in the USA.
Even if it seems that ways sometimes.

Are you close to Disney? I'm pretty sure that can become a zoo at times.

Still I'm not so sure I wouldn't trade for year round riding as I'm sure you could get
away from a lot of traffic if you wanted to.
Even a short ride is better than only being able to dream about it.

Not having to scrape windows and shovel and snowblow would be a big advantage if you ask me.
Do they even have snowplows or salt trucks there? I guess not, being in the sunshine state.

Now about your bike - the only thing I see missing is the "S" on the tank. :laugh:

Back