Spinning Hayabusa on kickstand/centre stand

DonDaku

Registered
Hi all..!!

I'm new to the forum as far as posting is concerned, but have followed this forum when i had my last hayabusa about a year ago (kept that one for two years).

Having missed the Busa so much, guess what..? Yes, Im getting another one and getting it looking like an RZ stealth model, just love the look myself.

Anyway, my question is regarding spinning the Hayabusa on either its side stand, or centre stand. I can only imagine it would be easier to do on its centre stand.

This is not something i plan to do so often, and if i can help it then not at all. But sometimes you can get yourself stuck between two rocks in a hard place.
A situation occurred when i had my first hayabusa a year ago (2005 model purple/black).
Having parked it on the road in a sensible way, i.e., rear wheel nearest the curb, the bike facing outwards towards the road (easy to just get on and ride off), TWO car drivers happened to park on either side of my bike, SOOO close to the bike such that I had more than limited room to manoeuvre the thing. You guys don't need a lesson on how heavy this bike is.

So..of course i thought about whether its physically possible to spin a hayabusa on its kickstand, or even fit a centre stand such that its easier to spin or manoeuvre the bike on to get out of a tight spot..Has anyone done this or had to do this before?

Thanks

I've seen many many people do it, however I have also seen kickstand mounts break.

While it may work 99 out of a 100 times, it's not designed for the movement/twisting with the entire weight of the bike on it.

Some have done it for years without issue...will you be that 100th?

I really never saw the appeal or the purpose of the said act, then again what do i know….I cook for a living….:whistle:

hhmm, im a short-ass guy but i will give it a try when i get my bike next week.

By all means, it goes without saying the kickstands are not designed to spin the bike on it, but sometimes considering the heft of this bike and/or the situation you end up in, could become necessary.

I'll certainly plan well ahead and try to avoid being in a situation where such a manoeuvre is required. But, not all plans survive first contact.
I'm having a centre stand installed too so i'll see what the deal is with spinning her. I've just never done it before, proper Virgin..!!

I think your worrying for nothing.

How many times has that happened? Once. Now you know better and the chance of it happening again are slim.
And you did get out, right?

So you can do what you want, but just remember that putting a center stand on it will someday possibly give you a clearance issue,
or cause a fall if you hit something with it. Again your choice. I don't know of anyone that has a center stand on their Busa.
Yes I know they are available, but you might get a lot more use out of a rear stand, if you don't have one.

I know you know how heavy they are - so spinning it on either a side stand or center stand could cause it to fall over, maybe on you.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Post pics when you get your bike. :thumbsup:

hhmm, im a short-ass guy but i will give it a try when i get my bike next week.

By all means, it goes without saying the kickstands are not designed to spin the bike on it, but sometimes considering the heft of this bike and/or the situation you end up in, could become necessary.

I'll certainly plan well ahead and try to avoid being in a situation where such a manoeuvre is required. But, not all plans survive first contact.
I'm having a centre stand installed too so i'll see what the deal is with spinning her. I've just never done it before, proper Virgin..!!

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Been riding bikes since 1972 and have never had to spin a bike on the kickstand. I might be wrong but I think the kickstand mounts to the engine block. I have seen it busted out. Your scenario doesn't even make sense to me. You have cars parked so close to you that you can't pull forward but you have room to spin a ninety some inch bike around :dunno: You might think it looks sexy on utube but you might look pretty silly losing your bike doing it.

Tach it on up to 6k or so, slip the clutch a little, and it'll slide right outta any tight spot, and yes I'm serious:laugh:

Is this for real?
Did anyone bother to read the original post?
Two cars parked soooo close he couldn't hardly get out so he comes up with the idea that spinning it in a huge circle would make that easier?

Tight spot but spin it to get out? Two cars are close but if they are not squeezing it between them the bike can come out.
How about a pic of your 2005 you had?

Spidey senses tingling....

633E1FF5-3B0F-4FF3-AD41-03565F2BDF44.jpg

Is this for real?
Did anyone bother to read the original post?
Two cars parked soooo close he couldn't hardly get out so he comes up with the idea that spinning it in a huge circle would make that easier?

Tight spot but spin it to get out? Two cars are close but if they are not squeezing it between them the bike can come out.
How about a pic of your 2005 you had?

Spidey senses tingling....

633E1FF5-3B0F-4FF3-AD41-03565F2BDF44.jpg

Nice jpeg......

I know what your saying, the issue was not to spin the bike by a lot, just enough to ride out well. The road surface was more slanted in towards the curb etc. This is in the UK.

This is my old 2005, its a purple and black underneath, had it carbon fibre wrapped.

400705_4252532451819_16953970_n.jpg

401157_4252533091835_1393875796_n.jpg

431923_4252533251839_664529428_n.jpg

969602_4252533571847_906512273_n.jpg

970864_4252533891855_1651824624_n.jpg

308360_4252534011858_2024213908_n.jpg

Makes no sense. The roads are the same in the US and probably everywhere in the world. They're designed that way for drainage. I just don't want to see you lose the bike friend.

spinning ur tire is for squids.....:whistle: and no it doesn't look kool. in fact, most ppl watching u do the will be shaken their head saying wat an idiot!

Thats my bike yes, You can only see my legs in this video, I'm in my biker gear.

The lad who's not in biker gear, near the end of the video is one of the guys who worked on my bike :)

Back