My aftermarket fairings - 2 years later

mysql

Registered
KOHwJ38.jpg

Link to full album for the rest of the pics:

Hayabusa - Imgur

Zero issues so far, paint has held up better than the OEM paint on my cars...

Yeah my aftermarket fairing set 4 my busa has held up pretty well too after a few years. Initially I bought it for a quick fix so I could finish riding out the season and put the $$$ in other needed areas but I kept getting compliments on the color & graphics so I said the hell with it!! :laugh: I just figured I'd ride em till they fell off..... so far so good :thumbsup:

haha. Blast from the past. Apparently it's been almost 3 years =)

I like my quote:

They LOOK good, the paint is mostly good, but given that some parts have much softer plastic than the OEM, I have to wonder about longevity. The nose is close, but I can tell it's not exactly the same thickness with the same rigidity... if I had to guess, I'd say in a drop where the OEM would just scratch, there's a chance the knockoff fairings will crack or splinter. But that's just a guess.

With that said, given the price, even if the plastics only lasted 2 years, that isn't so terrible either.

The gas tank cover was cracked in the original shipment, but the seller sent me a new one. Besides the tail section being a PITA to install, there was no adjustments needed, and the paint is exactly the same condition as it was when I first got it. I have not seen any chips.

ebay. Seller is bliss-star-express

Just be warned it's been a few years, prices have gone up and I can't vouch for the quality being the same as it was back then.

Sad that aftermarket fairings get a bad rap sometimes. But I've only had good experiences with them (had some ebay ones on my old GSXR-750)

2011-07-01_14-27-26_885.jpg

Yours look exceptional!

Back