Daily Riden jackshaft swingarm

Busa Brian

Registered
I ride my bike daily (as long as there is no rain) I'm thinking of a 240 kit but I hear they are off center. So I'm considering a 300 with a jackshaft.. Can a jackshaft swingarm be riden every day??

its going to be a pain to get adjusted and ive never heard of one that didnt eventually fail with alot of street use. jackshafts are mostly for show bikes. the 240 being off center isnt as bad as some make it out to be. there are alot of pics on here and a few threads about it.

its going to be a pain to get adjusted and ive never heard of one that didnt eventually fail with alot of street use. jackshafts are mostly for show bikes. the 240 being off center isnt as bad as some make it out to be. there are alot of pics on here and a few threads about it.

Why is it difficult to adjust?? I do expect failure but I just want to know how reliable it is? or anyone who is or has riden a jackshaft swingarm daily

The newer outside drive systems virtually eliminate all the negative of crap shaft systems, I spoke to roaring toyz this week and will be upgrading soon from my 240 to a 300 or 330 really soon. I think the guys name was Brian, he was really helpful and explained everything thoroughly. Best part is they are very supportive of our troops so my money is going straight to them as soon as get all the cash rounded up after Christmas

The newer outside drive systems virtually eliminate all the negative of crap shaft systems, I spoke to roaring toyz this week and will be upgrading soon from my 240 to a 300 or 330 really soon. I think the guys name was Brian, he was really helpful and explained everything thoroughly. Best part is they are very supportive of our troops so my money is going straight to them as soon as get all the cash rounded up after Christmas

Sounds like something worth saving a few extra $$ to purchase...

Oh and the best part is there is no additional adjustments needed, it's a one chain system so you maintain it as you would your stock set up with a periodic lube and slack.

The OSD are trick.I opted for a 240 kit so I can have the look and still retain some handling in the bike.I am not much for the big fat tires but to each theyr own.Roaring toyz does have some nice stuff and would have went with them, but Josh with BallZ has taken care of me with deals and good info so I will stick with them.

Well I installed my 300 kit WITH jack shaft and put maybe 2k on it last season and checked it every month only had to tighten it up a tiny bit after 200 miles after installation and still is good to go. Not that hard to deal with the OSD setups are cool too just personal preference, Each kit has parts that will fail. JMHO

OSD is the best way to go. If ya get a 240, you won't notice that its slightly off center while riding at all, my bike rolls straight and corners as well to the left as it does to the right

Droidy Droid

Well I installed my 300 kit WITH jack shaft and put maybe 2k on it last season and checked it every month only had to tighten it up a tiny bit after 200 miles after installation and still is good to go. Not that hard to deal with the OSD setups are cool too just personal preference, Each kit has parts that will fail. JMHO

Thanks thats the input i was looking for..

Thanks thats the input i was looking for..

2k miles in a season is daily ridden :laugh:

if you search on here theres a couple threads about people blowing them apart and theres also a reason people call them crapshafts.

maintenance isnt the fun part of owning a motorcycle, by doing a crapshaft setup your doubling the maintenance and cleaning you would do on a normal setup.

Well most times the reason the jack shafts fail is because of improper alignment and tension. Also I have seen OSD setups fail and shred into the side of the frame also, if your going to give advice please give it from experience and not from what you read online. Like I said each kit have parts that will fail and that are the weak points. And no 2k is not daily riding but in 2k off rolling burnouts and long rides is still good and tight no slop. And when you purchase a jack shaft they need to be the good one from CAT the ones they use in bulldozers and stuff, I have the RC Component swing arm and 300 kit.

Well most times the reason the jack shafts fail is because of improper alignment and tension. Also I have seen OSD setups fail and shred into the side of the frame also, if your going to give advice please give it from experience and not from what you read online. Like I said each kit have parts that will fail and that are the weak points. And no 2k is not daily riding but in 2k off rolling burnouts and long rides is still good and tight no slop. And when you purchase a jack shaft they need to be the good one from CAT the ones they use in bulldozers and stuff, I have the RC Component swing arm and 300 kit.

how often do you have to adjust the chains?

I have only tighten it after 200 miles an it's still fine. I think I put a little over 2k miles on it and it's still in spec.

I can easily double that but I wanted to know how realiable that is..

Here's your answer:

Moving parts= opportunity for failure.

The more moving parts you have the more opportunity there is for mechanical failure. If you add a jack shaft kit it will not be as reliable as your stock setup.

Here's your answer:

Moving parts= opportunity for failure.

The more moving parts you have the more opportunity there is for mechanical failure. If you add a jack shaft kit it will not be as reliable as your stock setup.

Gotcha... I just wanted to know how long they usually last.. I'm getting mixed responses

Back