Bar end mirrors???

I have used a CRG Hindsight ls mirror for 3 1/2 years with no problem. It's a quality product.

CRG - Constructors Racing GroupCRG Bar End Mirrors - webBikeWorld

I also have ThrottleMeister bar ends. I had a machinist turn down the left bar end to fit the mirror.
2338991220102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheers
ken

Do they hit anything? Are they easy to see out of? I was thinking about getting these driven mirrors..i seen smaller round ones but they look hard to see out of being only 2 inches..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321304039.404482.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321304053.726987.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321304065.359735.jpg

These driven mirrors look really sharp..and made really well..i guess im going to try a set and see if i like them..

The round CRG gives MUCH more view to the rear than the stock mirrors as it is convex. I can see the hump all the way around to the blind spot on the right. I imagine the CRG arrow would be even better. I would have purchased the arrow but it was not available when I was mucking about with my mirrors.

cheers
ken

I have always used the good old fish eye or convex mirrow attached to the stock mirrow i kept tapping the bar ends i installed but its always about safety so to each his own. just another option Freechance

Well i have a small garage and have to tuck my mirrors in all the time to fit
I just ordered the arrow mirrors for 86 dollars each..

Raising this back from the dead. I've got some CRG Arrow bar end mirrors on my bike but after installing my FP Tactical levers, they don't want to play nicely together. In a full lock left turn, the brake lever gets slightly depressed against the bike's dash and on the clutch side, the mirror needs to be tilted so far upward to avoid being contacted by the lever that you can't see anything behind you :D

Does anyone know if the CRG adapter would remedy this situation? Any other ideas? The way I mounted it was simply pushing the controls inward and then clamping the mirrors down on to the stock clip ons.

Raising this back from the dead. I've got some CRG Arrow bar end mirrors on my bike but after installing my FP Tactical levers, they don't want to play nicely together. In a full lock left turn, the brake lever gets slightly depressed against the bike's dash and on the clutch side, the mirror needs to be tilted so far upward to avoid being contacted by the lever that you can't see anything behind you :D

Does anyone know if the CRG adapter would remedy this situation? Any other ideas? The way I mounted it was simply pushing the controls inward and then clamping the mirrors down on to the stock clip ons.

That is why I went with a short FP brake lever. Can you adjust yours in to help with the clearance issue?

That is why I went with a short FP brake lever. Can you adjust yours in to help with the clearance issue?

Well, the thing is it's not the actual lever portion that is contacting the dash; it's the hinged area that gets contact. I believe it's more of an issue of having the controls pushed in because of the bar end mirrors than the levers themselves. I'd like to use them on the very ends of the bars and have my controls returned to the factory location but I'm not sure if the CRG "adapter" will allow this for the Busa.

Is anyone familiar with the CRG bar end adapters? In the description for them it states they are for hollow bars, which the Busa does not have.

I saw the Oberon mirrors in another thread I think. I agree they do seem nice. I think I'd run into the same problem with those too, however.

I ended up taking my bar ends to a machine shop and they turned the very edge of them down on a lathe. It's been milled down to the exact width of the mirror's clamp and it looks pretty decent. It's basically identical to kml's photo but with stock bar ends (as opposed to his Throttlemeisters).

I'll post up some pics soon if anyone is interested.

Here's a pic:

IMAG0879.jpg

Fits flush and I have a lot more room for my hands as opposed to the other side of the bar end (with the controls pushed inward).

Back