gen 1 1507cc build

bigblack

Registered
Anyone running one if the 1507cc kits in there busa's that can me how it does on the street or grudge racing?

Wrong answers. Bob Carpenter builds up to 1630 for street use. Uses a 9 mill marine crank with Ty rods and zx14 bearings with no heat issues it has lower compression than his 1630 race motor for pump gas use but they make in the 250 rwhp range and are daily riders
I have his 1630 race engine and take street rides gets expensive with q16 fuel and I have no issues temp gauge stays in middle.
Get the right builder and you can do it. Brett

Wrong answers. Bob Carpenter builds up to 1630 for street use. Uses a 9 mill marine crank with Ty rods and zx14 bearings with no heat issues it has lower compression than his 1630 race motor for pump gas use but they make in the 250 rwhp range and are daily riders
I have his 1630 race engine and take street rides gets expensive with q16 fuel and I have no issues temp gauge stays in middle.
Get the right builder and you can do it. Brett
yea exactly u need C16 to ride and at $15 a gallon thats not laughable! and what happens when u run out of gas? no one is riding around on the street consistently with a 1630. maybe two miles to the car show and back smh

and for the price a Turbo is a far better decision and ull make far more power even on pump gas.

again read it again
he has a 1630 gen 2 motor set up on pump gas! makes in the 250 RWHP range with street exhaust, again PUMP GAS
and with bigger bearings and crank and rods, this set up is super strong, no bearing issues with this stuff

great sleeper package,

Where are you getting your info from?? On Bob's site no where does it say or advertise that his 1630 kits are streetable.... matter of fact he states with an asterisk that his 1470 kits are not recommended for street use. So if a 1470 ain't built for the street where are you getting that a 1630 is....???

Where are you getting your info from?? On Bob's site no where does it say or advertise that his 1630 kits are streetable.... matter of fact he states with an asterisk that his 1470 kits are not recommended for street use. So if a 1470 ain't built for the street where are you getting that a 1630 is....???
exactly!

a stage 1 turbo kit will make far more then that and live a hellova lot longer. but, I'm sure the throttle response is quite impressive with that 1630.

but ill give up a little throttle response to make 400+ hp to the wheels on PUMP gas cause that 1630 might jump out on a turbo bike but that will be short lived once the turbo bike starts makn boost and if its with one of the newer GTX3071/76 turbos it will be microseconds before that 1630 will get lost in the turbo bikes rear mirror.

the larger turbo bikes may take a second or so longer to build boost but nonetheless it will still put bus lengths on that 1630.

again read it again
he has a 1630 gen 2 motor set up on pump gas! makes in the 250 RWHP range with street exhaust, again PUMP GAS
and with bigger bearings and crank and rods, this set up is super strong, no bearing issues with this stuff

great sleeper package,

a stage 1 turbo kit will make far more then that and live a hellova lot longer. but, I'm sure the throttle response is quite impressive with that 1630.

but ill give up a little throttle response to make 400+ hp to the wheels on PUMP gas cause that 1630 might jump out on a turbo bike but that will be short lived once the turbo bike starts makn boost and if its with one of the newer GTX3071/76 turbos it will be microseconds before that 1630 will get lost in the turbo bikes rear mirror.

the larger turbo bikes may take a second or so longer to build boost but nonetheless it will still put bus lengths on that 1630.

Well said friend, well said

Call Bob personally, he is doing 1630 for street how do you think I got the #s
as far as witch will last longer I will bet on 1630
Turbo constant tune issues, and when owner gets greedy BOOM!

Big Black asked for a stroker not a turbo, Turbo bikes are a dead give away, stroker is hard to tell until its to late

and comparing stroker to a turbo? Really like comparing apple and oranges, I have a 1630 and love it, guys always ask what it is and I say stock HAHA they have no clue what they just got into
But i agree with new turbo stuff its tough to run against them, i just like stealth

Im lost now on just doing a 1507cc because ill do what I have to for street use. The bike will be a grudge bike and street raced. It will have nitrous. Im just tryn to findout a way to keep it cool.

My 1630 Race only package from Bob still has oil cooler and full Rad. Now I was told to use Amsoil Dominator 10w30 oil and engine ice in radiator, I can make 2 runs back to back and coolant never gets above 1/2 way on temp gauge! I ride it on short street rides and again stay cool, so if strictly a race only Bike remove oil cooler and get a cut Radiator should have no issues at all
Sounds like you are going to spray it, i would stay with the 1507 or something in that range, 1630 gives no head gasket room for spray, even with O ring you cant spray them just not enough meat to keep a head gasket in there!
Good luck you will love it

Back