Need new cams, 1441 Gen 2. Stock intake cams or ?

tommyv

Registered
Long story short, my 1441 needs new cams and buckets. Dont have a lot to spend, but my head is ported, good exhaust, etc. Probably going with a pair of stock intake cams for now to save some $$$, but would like cam recommendations for street/strip. Not looking to go huge and beat up my drive train. Reliability is key. Cam suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Well, I ended up going with a stock Gen 2 intake cam and a stock Gen 1 Intake cam for the exhaust. Going to a tuner hopefully this week so it'll be interesting to see what a 1441 with a ported head and good exhaust will do with stock cams

Why would you go with basically stock cams on a ported head and a larger displacement?
bigger cams to fill the larger displacement engine and the ability to move air better with the ported head.....

Money. This is a unexpected repair. Don't have the money for a set of new cams given the other expenses involved so this was the quickest and cheapest route for me. Shes at a tuner now waiting to get tuned, but depending on how much power I make, and more importantly how quick I ET, I may save up and get better cams over the winter, hence looking for input.

That's a good point. Im 245lbs without my leathers on so that would be a good thing to get my fat ass moving at the tree!

Don't mean to sound rude but I thought a 1441 would make far more than that. Is that because of the lack of money for the correct parts or complete list of parts? Only asking as I'd like 220rwhp without forced induction or overheating issues. Basically looking for a stock looking powerhouse :)

It was only lack of $$$. No question Id be at 220-230 with some big cams. Keep in mind that's on a dyno. Im sure the fans aren't producing the same air as say 100+ MPH on the street. Bike made about 220 or so with old cams. Was enough to run a 8.90 in the quarter and over 200 MPH on the mile. And no, I wasn't the guy who ran it.

It was only lack of $$$. No question Id be at 220-230 with some big cams. Keep in mind that's on a dyno. Im sure the fans aren't producing the same air as say 100+ MPH on the street. Bike made about 220 or so with old cams. Was enough to run a 8.90 in the quarter and over 200 MPH on the mile. And no, I wasn't the guy who ran it.

That's better! How much did that set you back and how is the heat on the bike? Does it cook you?

It was a friend who did the work, and it was already a 1441, Gen 1 block with a ported head. it doesn't run hot, temp gauge never goes past half way mark.

Back