best crank

velocity200

Registered
Looking to buy a 8.5 stroker crank looking for recommendations ....prefer billet over welded there is the ape, marine crank and arrow in England.. anyone used any of them ? purpose is for land speed racing only.
cheers

8.5, wow. That's a hell of a stroker you're building. Go offset and I'd say APE or Muzzy with the block to match. Billet block, welded crank

Yes it does very much so ....as im located in Australia buying either from the US or England is very expensive ....parts from the US are cheaper than England ( due to the exchange rate) ...but shipping from the US is total BS very often the freight is more than the part ....where as freight from England is much more reasonable. but regardless of cost I will require the best crank full stop. ...therefor this post.

cheers

Does shipping and where you are located play a factor in the overall cost?

Yes it does very much so ....as im located in Australia buying either from the US or England is very expensive ....parts from the US are cheaper than England ( due to the exchange rate) ...but shipping from the US is total BS very often the freight is more than the part ....where as freight from England is much more reasonable. but regardless of cost I will require the best crank full stop. ...therefor this post.

cheers

8.5, wow. That's a hell of a stroker you're building. Go offset and I'd say APE or Muzzy with the block to match. Billet block, welded crank

Welded crank no way. Marine cranks is all Carpenter uses to many issues with welded, Steve Knecum will also tell you welded = boom.

I wouldnt use a weldup past a 5mil crank. Get a billet from marine. Most of the other companies that sell cranks use marine cranks.

Back