Low Side

toddda

Registered
I low-sided my Busa this morning in Poway CA. I am so bummed! I am going to have to find replacement plastics. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I am in Dallas the rest of this week so I cannot start the teardown until I get back to Cali. So far the damage is as follows:

Right foot peg gone.
Right bar end and front brake lever are slightly ground down but still usable.
The front plastics are TRASHED.
I have a pitbull collar on it and 2 of the spikes are ground down halfway.
The pipe is dented.
One of the front rotors is bent.
The front wheel and the handle bars do not agree as to what "straight" is.

That is all I could see on a quick inspection. (I had to catch a plane so I didnt have time to check it out real good).

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

ps.. It was the first time I have been down and .I walked away with some minor road rash and I am going to be stiff tomorrow.

easybutton.png

I WAS WEARING ALL THE PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT EXCEPT LEATHER PANTS.

If I had leather pants I would have NO road rash at all. If you are not wearing protective gear EVERYTIME you ride you shouldn't ride.

Sorry to hear about that, bro! Glad you're okay. Not trying to jinx anyone, but I had a low-side this year and have the same color bike as you.

that sucks. If you need a foot peg let me know. I have my stockers sitting in the garage

I have the 06LE front plastics if you are having trouble finding one. It has a tiny bit of rash on it from being tipped over, but you'd have to get it painted anyway, so...

...and, I'm in SAN DIEGO! That might make it a little easier on you.

Good advice on the protective gear (for everyone). Glad you're not more seriously damaged, bro.

PM me if you need some assistance; there are a couple of other 'good eggs' from the .ORG here in San Diego.

What about the LB International Motorcycle Show December 7-9; you coming?

RSVP when you can...

Scar

Wrecks SUX. Glad you were wearing your gear. Not trying to get you down after you wreck the Busa but after an wreck and all the wounds have healed you know what I don't mind fixing my bike in fact I like it as it makes you more learn more about your bike and gives you more since of ownership not to mention when you are done you have that that feeling of hell I can not explain it, it just feels awesome once you get every thing back in order and get her back on the road. So good luck with the repairs and know that you can get on here and ask questions and know that everyone will be here to help you out if you need it.
beerchug.gif

that sucks man. i went down not to long ago as well and i have a blk and slvr as well. i looked around if your going to get an oem replacement fairing go through vman1300 hes got good prices and you should be able to find pipes on here ryan from the org sent me some and he didnt even charge me shipping. so youll get it back together. Oh and skin grows back. I was wearin my gear but i didnt have any pants either so i got some on my knee.

sux man. Leather is way cheaper than skin! Glad you are ok...I been down twice, know the feeling! Both times, the only thing going thru my mind was: "My bike"!!!

I just sent my left side stock peg to VA busa, so I have a right side that is lonesome.
laugh.gif
I would be glad to send it to you if you post or PM your addy to me. No need for another member to break up a set. Afterall, us Sea Bee's always try to take care of Marines!
bowdown.gif

Back