red1100cc down but not out

red1100cc

Registered
I went down a week ago. a low speed slideout on sand and gravel. I flopped hard onto my left shoulder, shattering my clavicle. poor Bessie slid into a post, nose and front fender first. her fairings look totaled but I don't believe shes hurt beyond that.
I had to sit at home on painkillers until Thursday, when they could finally get me in for surgery. the put in a long titanium plate and about a dozen screws to hold everything together.
I was heavily geared up and wasn't hurt otherwise.
it may be time to replace the ol scorpion flip up helmet. she did take a little damage. jacket only got a light scuff.

im ok at the moment. im just going to need rest and recover.
I haven't even began to look at the bike to see what all she will need.

i'll keep yall informed.

Russ Reddick - red1100cc

11149516_1040546715973134_4377869326205597021_n.jpg

11108207_1040546739306465_4895812340994103319_n.jpg

11148544_1040546759306463_3337607300240878858_n (2).jpg

Sorry to hear this, hope you mead quickly.
Is this going to make you cancel you plans for your Maine trip?

That's awful. Glad you are on the path to recovery though. Hope the same for Bessie.

Glad you're going to be ok Russell!!

Let us know what you need to get back on two when you can take a look at Bessie.

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now :(

Sorry to hear it bro,been there myself and still carrying the steel 13 years later(and can't pass through metal detectors:laugh:).Heal up quickly!:thumbsup:

That's pretty crappy. I hope your not left handed. Been through broken collar bones before.... so not fun.
Quick mending

Sorry to hear about a slow slide causing so much damage (to you).

I've seen racers get flipped off and thrown around like a rag doll and get up and walk away. ???

So when does physical therapy start? That might be the really painful part, but you gota do it. :banghead:

Hope you can ride again before summer is over. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this, hope you mead quickly.
Is this going to make you cancel you plans for your Maine trip?

this really killed any savings I had. it's going to take a while to save up, but I still hope to leave in August and head your way.
I might have to sell a bike or two, take extra shifts, what ever I need to do.

Wow man, sorry that happened. Sounds like you are on way to recovery. Hope all goes well and you get to do your trip!

take the time to recover, its better than trying to superman it and hurt it even more... speedy recovery

Darn buddy!!! get the old girl up and running!!!! But most importantly you heal up and get better!

Back