Gary and Leigh Mitchell Have Died In a Crash

Very sad to hear. :down:

Thoughts out to his family :please:

From their son Jason Mitchell :

"Hi rob, it pains me to inform you that yesterday morning both mum and dad passed away as the result of a bike accident. I still cant believe what has happened. Im still in a state of shock over this. Can you please inform all of dad's american and i-shoc friends on the tragic passing of my parents. Thank You"

Gary and I have gone back and forth quite a bit about racing and the GP; is it confirmed that this is him and Leigh?
I regret to inform you that this tragedy is confirmed by a friend Rowan Wayne and Gary and Leigh's son Jason.

Oh no, this is truly heartbreaking news. My heart goes out to their family and friends. :down:

There just isn't a good way to post your feelings when you hear news like this. I'm sure as each of us were notified today or read facebook or the forums we've all thought about how even from all the way from Australia someone was able to make us smile, put a thought into our just have a conversation with someone from so far away. Over the years getting noticing like this has made me realize just how fragile life really is, just how close to the edge we really are and just how much more we should make sure every minute we have with our friends and family makes sense and isn't wasted on regrets later. I have made countless friends on this forum, ridden with literally hundreds of folks and had conversations over coffee with hundreds more.... Cherish those friendships, make sure your friends know your feelings and be thankful for every breath we have together...

Thoughts and prayers from our family to theirs!

Cap

I don't know these folks but this is sad news for sure. There truly isn't any way to share one's heavy heart.

Back